Chapter 3 Unwanted Memories

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson and
                      Heroes of Olympus or any of its
                      characters.
________________________________
Percy POV

That night, I toss and turned until I fell into a troubled sleep. This particular mission stirred up some old memories that I worked so hard to forget. Some good and some bad.

Unfortunately, tonight I dreamt of my last moments as a demigod son of Poseidon.
—————————line break —————————-
Dream/ flashback 5 million years ago

Annabeth and I are currently in a bit of a pickle, which is an understatement. We are standing in front of the Doors of Death and right splat in the heart of Tartarus.

The best part is? We are completely surrounded by monsters, who are right in their home turf, with said primordial god standing in front of us in all his whirlpool face glory.

I have my foot wedged between the doors of our only way out of this hellhole. As the mob of seriously disfigured monsters closed in, I did something so impulsive that I should be named ADHD poster kid of the century( A/N took that from lightning thief).

I grabbed Annabeth's forearm, ignoring her startled yelp, and pushed her through the doors.

" I'm sorry Annabeth. But only one of us can make it out and the rest of the seven needs a strategist like you." I said before allowing the doors to close, effectively cutting of Annabeth's protests.

Twelve minutes, I thought. I have to keep my finger on the button for twelve minutes. Foes bear arms to the doors of death.

Foes... that included Damasen the peaceful giant that had been cursed for being different, Bob the friendly titan that is sacrificing so much to help me and myself who did not do much and deserve to die.

Let's go out with a bang. Those would be awesome as my last words. With that the monsters attacked.

I couldn't remember exactly what was going on. My mind went into auto pilot. Slash, dodge, stab and repeat. Not sure how long I have been locked in battle all while pressing the button, but soon I felt the doors of death fade behind me, moving into the next location.

Not that that mattered, but now I can move more freely. I knew I was running on pure adrenaline. Occasionally causing a geyser of water from one of the rivers to douse the monsters.

First sign of something bad is going to happen is when all the monsters I was fighting retreated to form a large circle around me. Tartarus decided to be so cliche and appeared opposite me in the circle. Come on you bad guys have got to get more creative.

Tartarus swung his sword, slicing through the air and creating a hissing noise. " So, this is the famous Percy Jackson that played a big part in the defeat of those weakling titans. You don't look like much."

I growled and willed myself not to show fear. " Big words coming from a guy with a whirlpool for a face. What's the matter? Too scared to let people see you face?" I smirked trying to hide my unease. Tartarus let out a low chuckle. " It will be fun hearing you scream later." He didn't even let me answer before he charged at me. How rude.

As good as I was with a sword, I was no match for the speed of a primordial which might I add had a lot more training than me and I was weakened due to my time here. Where was a nice body of water when you need one.

About ten minutes after the battle started, I was covered in small cuts and other injuries. I did get a few good hits on Tartarus, which was a blessing itself.

I was panted and Tartarus just liked mad. He launched himself towards me and knocked me to the ground. Hard. Probably breaking a few more bones while he was at it. Tartarus raised his sword above him and I made a mistake of using riptide to try and protect my chest.

This part might be considered gory for some

He stabbed downwards, piercing my right thigh. That was unexpected. I gasped in pain but refused to give his the satisfaction of hearing me scream.

Clearly he wanted more. As much as I wanted to fight, try as I might I could not match the strength of a primordial. Damasen and Bob was probably dead. No one was coming.

Tartarus stomped on my ribs, shattering some of them and breaking most of the others. At least one definitely punctured at either one of or both of my lungs. I could feel them slowly having blood flow in.

He twisted his sword that was still in my thigh causing tears to flow down my face. He pulled out his sword, causing my blood to splatter in the air. Next he broke or dislocated both my legs in multiple areas which broke my resolve and made me scream in pain.

Tartarus grinned at me sadistically. " Had enough?" My only response was spitting the blood in my mouth in his face. His eyes flashed dangerously as he used his sword to inflict a very deep wound in my abdomen and he purposely did it slowly to multiply the pain I felt. He did this quite a few times. He was basically publicly torturing me.

He decided to finish the job by breaking my left hand multiple times and dislocating my right. Did I mention he slowly broke my fingers? No? Well he did.

While he was doing this, I was screaming, trashing and having tears roll down my face uncontrollably. Not that I was planning to submit anytime soon.

Tartarus stabbed me one last time in the stomach before he stood up. " Look at the mighty has fallen. The great hero of Olympus reduced to a bloody pile......" he addressed the hordes of monsters. My ear was ringing due to blood lost and I could feel myself slowly dying.

I got a very dumb idea. It might work but it is risky and I'm already dying so what could I lose? I slowly and painfully turned my arm so that my fingers was touching the ground and willed every ounce of power and energy I had left to pull one final trick.

Everything hurt but I forced myself to focus. I started controlling anything that I could to start freezing. A trail of ice grew from my finger tips and made its was towards Tartarus.

When it reached him, he froze. I made the ichor in his veins start to flow the opposite direction of what it normally should be going and made it slowly turn to ice. Patches of ice and frost spread across his body. " What is this?" He shrieked. " If I die, you are coming with me." I whispered while staring defiantly. With that, I made his body completely freeze and shatter into a million shards.

I basically forced him to fade yet let some of his essence to ensure that this literal hell stays in one piece so that monsters can still be sent here. The monsters surged forward as I felt my life slowly drain out of me. The darkness seeped in as I welcomed it with open arms and the last thing I felt was the claws and teeth of many creatures ripping into my flesh and body.

End of gory part
————————— line break —————————

I woke up breathing heavily. I was sweating buckets as I tried to get my breathing back to normal.

I used my powers and realized that it was 3.24am in the morning. Deciding that I won't be getting anymore sleep tonight, I got out of bed. I changed into comfortable exercise attire and heading to the training room. Time to find something to punch my trouble away.
________________________________
Sorry about the death part. I needed him to die in order to have a reason he joined. Please review.
Word count: 1314. Let's goooo!!