Chapter 13 Spy's Warning

Disclaimer: I own nothing except my
                         plot.
________________________________

Percy POV

      I was not sure what was different about today. Other than the odd chill in the air and that dream I had last night. Then again most of my dreams does not make sense so nothing surprising there.

The romans, who were also gifted with partial immortality arrived a week ago. In the last two weeks of absolutely no trouble, if you don't count Annabeth and Alex being difficult. What really put me on edge was the more morbid than most dream I had.

Dream

I stood on half blood hill, looking at the setting moon in the horizon. After a few seconds, I become aware of the sounds of battle around me. Swords clashing, cries of pain and yells. My head started throbbing with noises until all noise around me started to fade and turn into a shrill ringing sound.

I saw flashes of the Elites fighting but not who they were fighting against. I saw Zoe with an arrow in her chest, eyes wide and not breathing. Orion trying to get to her, Luke getting flung across the clearing. The images started going faster and blending together. Everything faded white.

My vision cleared and I stood in a gray field where it was totally silent. The field had obvious signs of battle. Bodies strewn around, weapons sticking out of the ground with tattered cloths fluttering on top of some of them. It was like a infinite field of death.

I saw twelve tombstones in the middle of all the battle remains. As I walked closer to them, a cold, heavy feeling was injected into my being. I saw the names on the tombstones and froze.

Luke Castellan
Lee Fletcher
Bianca di Angelo
:
:
Percy Jackson

I heard a blood chilling laugh. It came from... behind me? I turned around slowly and saw the large form of a being, towering over me. He had armor on and glowing blood red eyes pierced into my sea green orbs.

" Did you really think you would stand any chance against me? I would crush you and everyone you love beneath my feet, just like I did to your mother and stepfather." He boomed. " It was you. You were the one who sent those hellhounds after my mother." I gasped. Or did not take many brain cells to realize that this was End.

After a started serving Chaos, I was on a mission when I heard from Chaos that my mother and Paul was killed by monsters. After the mission, I spent weeks in my room until Luke manage to coax me out. Now in front of me stood their murderer.

" Oh their screams were so lovely to listen to." End purred. " Soon, I would be tying up the loose ends."

I lunges for him but was shaken awake by Luke.

Dream end

I hope that my dream was just that. A dream. Knowing how my dreams tend to be prophetic, I highly doubt that.

I relayed my dream to the rest of the Elites and told them my concerns. They decided that, and I quote, if we are fated to die, so be it. As long as we are able to protect the demigods.

It's nice to know that you have such self sacrificing friends. But when you are trying to be the ' good leader' and protect all of them, it's worrisome.
======== line break and time skip =======

As we were eating lunch, I felt a shift in the air, usually it meant that something or someone was there. When I turned around however, I saw no one.

I looked around the pavilion and noticed Alex staring at me. When I caught his eye, he smirked at me like he knew something I didn't. That was when I felt something closing in on me. Fast.

Ever instinct in my mind screamed: danger! I whipped around and caught a dagger, two inches from my chest. I did a quick identification of the metal used to make the dagger and felt my eyes widen for a second.

This dagger was made of Midnight Black. It was a metal that was as rare as Chaos metal but due to its properties, Chaos refused to use it for most weapons.

He insisted it only be used for weapons that are to be given to his most trusted allies and even those were never bigger than a dagger.

Midnight Black, when it comes in contact with a being, it would have different outcomes on different beings. For a primordial like me, it would incapacitated me for hours or even days and if the wound is severe enough, weeks.

For a normal human, once it even grazes you, you would be dead in seconds. There is no cure and it is one of the only substance that is as strong as Chaos metal. Hence it can pierce my armor.

Back to the present, I twisted my assailant's arm so that they would drop the dagger, then I flipped them over and pinned them to the ground.

I nodded at Luke at he when and took Alex down as well. When I pinned my attacker to the ground, the Yankees cap fell off her head to reveal the face and body of one Annabeth Chase. Big surprise.

Luke dragged Alex to where I was and I glared at them. " I would ask why you did this but I already know." I snarled. Annabeth smirked and said " You are too late Omega. On a few hours, my master would reduce this camp to ashes."

Right after she finished, Annabeth and Alex not open a pill hidden in their mouth and swallowed. The effects were instantaneous. They started gurgling and their mouths and their eyes glazed over.

In seconds, both demigods collapsed. Dead before they hit the ground. Their eyes were still open and they had a trail of blood dribbling down their chins. However, the damage was done.

The pavilion burst into disarray until Luke took out an air horn from Chaos knows where and sounded it. Immediately the whole place froze. Bianca did a quick check on the bodies and nodded at me, confirming my suspicion of the poison in the pills.

" What was that?" Looks like Jason was the first one to has the guts to break the silence. " That Jason Grace was the two spies and traitors revealing themselves. Annabeth Chase has been a spy for Gaia during your previous war and Alex was here to help her." I said monotonous.

" You knew? Dude, how come you didn't tell us? Also what was that?" Leo cried out. " Of course we knew. We didn't say anything because those two, as incomplete as they seemed, was here in your ranks for a very long time. Saying that they are spies would be unwise. To answer your question, that pill was filled with nightlock berry juice. The plant itself is one of the most poisonous plant in the galaxy. It is nicknamed, Silent Death, because it kills someone in seconds without the person making a sound." I said.

" She said an attack was coming. We should get ready." Luke reminded. I nodded and everyone set to work on protecting the camp and getting their gear.

Time to work for a living.
________________________________
Another chapter! Party!

Word count: 1224