Chapter 15 Aftermath

Disclaimer: I own nothing except my
plot.
________________________________

Third POV

Sunrises usually meant new beginnings. Today's sunrise however, only shone light on the horrors that transpired the night before.

As the sun rose and the dust settled, when you look across the field, all you would see was death.

Demigods and hunters alike started gathering their dead to honor them. A few bodies were unaccounted for. They tried not to think about the reason why.

The seven, or as of now it can be renamed The five, looked for the missing Elites, AKA all of them. They carried the bodies to the makeshift infirmary to make a shroud for.

Their bodies where left in really bad shapes. Destroyer had three deep gashes started from his right shoulder, across his chest and ending on the right side of his hip. The blood loss itself was enough to kill him.

Forge looked like something had seized him around the neck and shook him around, causing his neck to be snapped.

There were some very gruesome ones like Alpha's. Others not as much. When they were bringing the twelve bodies covered in a shroud, bearing the symbol of chaos, to the campfire to burn, there was thirteen flashed of lights as the Olympians and Hades came to observe the procession, Chaos stepped through a portal.

He waved for them to sit down and he looked very tired. Chaos walked to the bodies of the Elites and extended his hands. He could not bring back the dead that had already served in his army, but he could let them look more peaceful.

He healed all their injuries including Alpha's burns. " I suppose you demigods have the right to know who they really are. After all, it's their last wish." Chaos sighed. " What do you mean my lord Chaos? Did they know that they wouldn't be here after the battle?" Athena asked, curious as ever.

" Omega had a prophetic dream the day before the battle. He shared his worries with the others and they all agreed that they are willing to die for this planet." Chaos was definitely tired as he didn't even bother correcting Athena about the usage of titles.

" What made them do that and why did they hide their identities?" She pressed. " This would not be the first time they did. They hid their identities so that when they had to leave, it would not make it harder than it was."

The demigods and hunters watched in muted confusion. Was did person rambling? Chaos just smiled a resigned smile.

" Hunter, Destroyer, Revenge, Arrow, Siren, Forge, Madness, Archer, Angel, Huntress, Alpha and Omega." He said walking down the row of bodies. He grabbed hold of Hunter's hood and gently lowered it saying

" also known as Orion, Perseus, Ethan Nakamura, Micheal Yew, Silena Bearugard, Charles Beckendorf, Castor, Lee Fletcher, Bianca di Angelo, Zoe Nightshade, Luke Castellan and Percy Jackson."

The whole camp was silent as everyone took in the faces of their old friends that sacrificed themselves year ago and just yesterday to save them.

Then everyone exploded with questions until Zeus thundered loud enough to get everyone to be quiet. Chaos took out a circular metal disk from his pocket and showed it to them.

" this is a recording they did before they went into battle. They asked my to show it to you if anything were to happen to them." Chaos explained and he tossed the device onto the floor.

It projected a hologram of Percy, Luke and Zoe, without hood, standing there, looking very much alive. " So if you are watching this, we are probably dead." Percy said very solemnly. Luke elbowed him and said " why you got to be so formal? You sound like your at a funeral of something."

The three of the shared a laugh before addressing the camera with not so solemn faces.

" Anyway, before these two doofuses decide to turn this into a pillow fight, we just wanted to say that our deaths, whether the first or the most recent one, are not your faults." Zoe said.

" We kind of chose to do it, so we can take the consequences." Percy smiles sadly.

" I feel kind of weird talking to a camera. Anyone else feels the same?" Luke asked. " Nuh-uh. Just you." Percy grinned

They talked a little about their lives in the army. Until a sudden smooching noise came somewhere off camera.

" and there was that time that.... would you two stop it with your overly loud making our session? I'm trying to talk here." Percy yelled to whoever it was.

Castor and Ethan's voices came back. " No! We are in a free country! We can do this!" After that, the sounds became twice as loud.

Percy stormed off-screen and yelling started to happen, along with the sound of stuff breaking.

Luke winced " There goes that painting. I'm gonna break that up." With that, he too walked off. Zoe tolled her eyes " boys. Anyone that enough said from us. Cya."

The recording ended with Zoe pressing the off button. The demigods and campers alike had quite a few with tears in their eyes.

Chaos took down Zoe's and Orion's original constellation and placed a big one that featured all the Elites, locked in combat. The stars that made the constellation could be seen twinkling at night.

======== line break and time skip =======

The Elites were take back to Chaon. They would be set in boats in a regal position and pushed off to sail down a river with the people of Chaon at the banks, paying their last respects.

Archers with flaming arrows would then shoot the boats and set them alight. Allowing them to go into the afterlife.

After the funeral that the campers watched from a window made by Chaos to allow them to see, Chaos set workers to work on a memorial for his Elites.

This memorial would be located at the Elite's favorite garden. The Garden of the Fallen. Fitting isn't it?

They would have holographic models that move around a little. A museum was built in order to remember the thing the Elites did for the Universe.

Their accomplishments as well as weapons were displayed. Many cams year after year to revisit their beloved Elites.

Many campers were a little down in the dumps after the whole thing. The casualties in the battle had been very little as compared to what it would have been should Percy had not have done that healing thing.

They did however take comfort when they looked up at the constellation of the Elites. It least they knew that no matter what, their friends would be watching the from above. Always.
________________________________
Two chapters in a day. I'm gonna go sleep after this.

Word count: 1130