Chapter 8 Capture the Flag

Disclaimer: I don't own anything except
                        my plot
_____________________________
Percy POV

     I was about ninety nine point nine percent sure that our resident spy was Annabeth. The question now was is there another?

We were eating breakfast at the pavilion with a few campers staring at me like they expected me to bust out some Kung fu moves for them.

Chiron stood up and banged his hooves against the ground, silencing the campers. " Heroes! Today we would have a game of capture the flag." He said. Chiron turn to us and continued " would the Elites care to join in?"

I did a quick discussion with the rest.
Mind link

Me: So?
Luke: Seems fun
Micheal: But won't having us on whichever team give them an unfair advantage?
Bianca: How about we ask if we could be a team on our own?
Lee: So kind of like a campers vs Elites?
Bianca: Yep
Me: Sounds good. All in favor?
All: Yep.

Looking up, I asked " We would participate. But could it be the Elites versus the campers?" Chiron nodded. " The hunters of Artemis would also be joining if that is okay?" He asked. I nodded at him before continuing with my meal.
=============time skip=============
The rest of the day was spent training and playing video games. Soon it was time for capture the flag.

The campers kept sending not so subtle glances throughout dinner. More than once did I hear some of them muttering " they are so going to lose." and " there is only eight of them. Against the whole camp and the hunters? This is so going to be an easy win."

I can't wait to see their face when we crush them. I'll just humor them for now.

As everyone geared up for the game, Alex strut over and said cockily " You losers are going down. We will win this game so easily with me on their team that you will see why I am the greatest person you will ever meet."

" We'll see." I replied. The Elites watched the campers put on their armor. We were always ready for battle so that we would never be surprised in a sudden attack. Also, who needs to carry their weapons around like a peasant when you could just summon them?

Finally the campers got their armor in the right places and we could start. I am starting to think we should have training sessions for them if they are going to be so slow. By the time they were done putting on armor alone in a fight, they would already be dead.

At least the Seven and the Veterans could put on their armor in less then a two minutes. The two teams got their flags. Ours was a black wolf silhouette howling with the white symbol of Chaos at the back and a black background.

Theirs was just the symbol of the camp. That flag is going to be changing symbols soon. Is Elites had already discussed the planned before this. Here is a quick summary.

Zoe, Orion, Lee and Bianca would stay near the flag and shoot any campers that go near it. Silena would be guarding the flag as the rules states that only one person can stand beside the flag, guarding it. She would use her sirenspeak which is like charmspeak except way more powerful.

Micheal and Ethan would attack at the left flank while Beckendorf and Castor would attack at the right. Perseus would be attacking one the middle. All this was of course a distraction to cause the campers and hunters to split up. Luke and I would take the air and fly to the flag and get it.

So as the game started, Luke and I spread our wings and flew silently to hostile territory. Under the cover of night, we were practically invisible. Besides, research shows that not many would look up when searching for something.