Past in present

Gulf woke up still gloomy his night had been full of nightmare. He also threw up whatever he ingested with difficulty late in the night. The recent incident was as a fresh wound stinging him again and again. Closing his eyes he could hear mew's groans,
his body covered in red touching his cheeks with love and concern.

His concern kept on weaving around mew. Looking around his eyes grazed the pics of mew in different poses. His empty eyes but sweet smile gave gulf  relief for a while. His heartbeat raised again thinking of mew's painful face. The events at mew's house as finally he slept on mew's bed. May be that's the reason he could at least close his eyes for sometime.

A smile adorned his lips knowing how life had played with them from being childhood darlings to lovers. He felt contended mew's mother was accepting him. Though he wasn't sure about her feelings towards there relationship but he was sure she wasn't bad at heart. Forgiving her was difficult and if god forbidden anything happened to mew he wasn't sure how he would exist.

Immediately searching he got the phone and called boat to know about mew. On knowing the night went fine he felt relief. Mew was shifted to HDU(high dependency unit) till further operations. Gulf knew boat and yatch were avoiding telling him complications but he trusted them. That didn't lessen his worry rather mew had become his priority.

It was just 4 am but seeing the room lights on ruby immediately came into the room worried gulf was having some distress.

Ruby: Good morning sunny boy

Gulf: Good morning aunty

Ruby: Would you call me mae?

That question had  an unspoken authority an emotion which spoke love. Kana looked at her for few seconds and just said without even giving her second chance to think over.

Gulf: Mae

Ruby smiled ruffling his hairs and giving a motherly peck on his forehead.

Gulf: Would you mind if i wish to leave now?

Ruby: No, i know you are worried about my son. You look tired why don't you lie down for some more time then i will personally drop you to hospital.

Gulf: I can't stop worrying about him there is this feeling that he needs me. I am feeling every second he is going far away from me.  You rest i will take a cab.

Ruby's eyes watered as she had heard mew's father say same words on the day jay met with an accident. Her heart sat in the pit of the stomach. She  excused herself making way into the kitchen balcony.

Instructing maids to get breakfast ready she came in room, where gulf had changed and sat with guitar in balcony. She could see her young mew whom she had stopped from going into music field. A simple request from mew had changed the equation of their relationship with mew getting a condo. As promised after joining business she didn't care for her son. Remembering that day ruby had her eyes closed still standing at door.

"Mae, see my trophy,  I won annual music star award at school. A young mew had rushed into ruby's study cum office room carrying a big trophy all happy as he had taken first step towards his dream."

Ruby sat in the office room with her assistant dugged into piles of file. It was a routine for mew to watch his mother work. As a kid he never got words of appreciation or encouragement from his mother. He still loved her and today he was sure his mother would be very happy.

She signed her assistant to give her sometime with the chirpy kid. Mew had a big smile knowing his mother was taking time out for him. Her next words landed him back to reality.

Ruby: Have you forgotten your manners, then let me remind you "Knock and take permission before you enter any room."

Mew: Sorry...