3.

Dinner with The Court of Dreams

She woke up to the sounds of two light knocks on her door. After her little encounter with the Night Court, she had felt safe enough to tumble right on top of the bed after filling up her stomach.
She had no idea that she'd be so completely knocked out. Thanks to how bone tired she was, she'd slept right until it was... time for dinner, she realized.

"Yes." She croaked out. Her voice still heavy with sleep. She let out a little yelp as two faeries walked in, right through the closed doors. But then realization struck her,

"So that was you then. When I had woken up earlier today. I'd thought I saw someone leave my room, through closed doors that is."

"Yes." Said one of them. They had to be twins and they had to be wraiths. "I'm Nuala, and this is Cerridwen."  She went on, pointing towards her sister.

"The High Lady had asked us to look after you until you woke up." The other one spoke now. Cerridwen.

"And now we've come to help you get dressed for dinner." As one, they moved forward now as Nuala opened a door to an attached bathing room, while Cerridwen went to a wardrobe against one of the walls.

"The others will be here soon"

That little information had her quickly leaving the bed. Once she was done washing up, they clothed her into, what she assumed, was some kind of Night Court attire, brushed her short hair and led her towards a rather spacious dining room.

One of the open doors led to a rather large balcony which offered an incredible view of the city. She was immediately drawn towards it and started moving towards that view only to halt mid-step as she saw two Illyrians flying right for her. No, not towards her, she noticed, but, towards the house. Towards their dinner. For as they flew closer, their faces becoming clearer, she knew it was Cassian and Azriel.

She took a few steps back to give the males enough space to touch down.

"Glad to see you up and about", Cassian stated as he walked up to her, taking her in.

"The twins must be excited to have you here. They're always looking for someone to play dress-up with"  He said, grinning.

"Well, who can blame them? If I were to choose between me and you", she stated, " I'd pick me too. Besides, I don't think you can pull this off very well." She added, pulling lightly on her shirt which ended just below her navel.

Cassian huffed out a laugh but she turned to look at Azriel as he gave a little snort with a small smile playing on his lips.

"So, were you ever planning on telling us your na-"

"Already bothering our guest Cassian. Why am I not surprised?" Rhysand said, lading on the balcony with Feyre.

Azriel just shook his head and walked into a parlour, murmuring something about getting a drink. She dipped her head towards the High Lord and Lady just as Feyre came up to her.

"Just ignore them. They can never get enough of hearing themselves talk." She joked and linked their hands together, guiding her towards the dining room, paying no heed to the murmurs of protests from the Illyrians behind them.

She sat down at the table while Feyre took the seat on her right.

"I hope you're feeling better after some rest," inquired Feyre.

"Yes. Much better, actually. Thank you."

"Good," Exclaim Rhysand, sitting down at Feyre's other side, "because everyone's hear now, and they're all waiting to hear from you."

As she looked up, the people that the referred to walked in to take their seats. Cassian sat down on her left while Azriel took the seat in front of her. The short, black haired female, who she instantly recognized as Amren, took the seat on Azriel's right while a breath-takingly gorgeous, blonde haired female, who could only be Mor, took the seat on his left.

"It's nice to finally meet you." Mor began saying, "I'm Mor. And that, is Amren." She said, beaming. "And before we get into more details..." She snapped her fingers, and trays and bowls of steaming food appeared before them.

"I am starving. That meeting stretched on for way too long. You," she pointed at Rhysand in accusations, "think you're too smart. You ass. Running off at the last minute and I had to sit through the entire thing alone."

Rhysand only gave her half a grin which suggested that he knew exactly what he had been doing. "Apologies, dearest cousin. I'll make sure to leave Cassian along with you the next time", he winked.

"I don't think that's ever going to happen." Cassian stated with mock seriousness on his face.

She just sat their, taking in everything as the others loaded food onto their plates. She hadn't imagined that this was what the High Lord and Lady's inner circle would be like. Her baffled expression must have said enough as Azriel cleared his throat pointedly.

"Let's not forget, we have company", he cut in as Mor was about to shout a retort at Cassian. She sighed instead.

The bickering slowed down for a while as they all started talking about their day and she quietly ate her food. Listening. However, as dinner was coming to an end, they all gradually became quite. Their silence heavy with anticipation.

They had given her time, to calm down, collect her thoughts. See for herself who all these people were and decide how much she wanted to share with them. No matter that she was too lost in their world to be concerned about any of her worries. It was time now.

She cleared her throat, they all looked up at her. Waiting.

"I..." She tried again. "I don't know where to begin", she confessed.

And maybe it was because he understood just how nervous she felt, Azriel offered her a small smile.

"Maybe you could start by telling us your name", he suggested.

Her face instantly heated. How stupid of her. They don't even know her name yet. And yet, none of them had pushed her for even that much.

"Right." She nodded sheepishly. "My name. It's Meissa", she voiced with a small smile of her own.