Chapter Four

14:12pm, Locker rooms, Van Gogh

I waited quietly as everyone left the locker room I soon began changing shyly behind a row of red lockers. I didn't like changing in front of others I felt awkward plus I felt rather self conscious of my body. I know that I was skinnier than others and I wasn't that strong while the other guys here were buff or healthy looking. To be honest I was rather jealous but it's not like I could help myself now.

I sighed as I soon stripped off my jacket and top setting them aside on the bench beside my bag as I soon shoved on a shirt and some baggy shorts and made my way out. Everyone was gathered in respectful groups talking away as the teacher wasn't on site. Maybe they forgot to grab the register but for now who knows.

I shrug shyly walking over towards the bleachers and took a seat down as I leaned back in the seat with a sigh as I tugged on my bandage fixing it in place. I always had a bit of an itch if I didn't check on my bandage, I get a bit anxious encase my ear was showing or poking out. Plus I'd just get a sort of relief if I touched it or fumble with it a bit till I felt like it was okay.

I gently tapped my foot glancing around the gym hall quietly spotting a few familiar faces across the hall. I saw Abe, Cleo and Gandhi casually talking to one another with Cleo latched onto Abe's arm. On the other side had Ponce and Joan along with JFK though he kind of looked side tracked as he was busy looking about the hall as well as he tapped his foot impatiently.

'Who's he waiting for?' I wondered as he caught site of me, we locked eyes for a moment till he waved an arm trying to beacon me over.

I shrugged and got up waddling over towards him as he smiled and his foot tapping came to a halt. I was soon standing in front of him as he crossed his arms.
"I just wanted er you to know that I've made ah tiny signs for our project! They have our names and what uh were like!" He grinned as I smiled tugging at the rim of my shirt.

"That sounds great! Do you think that you could show me?" I asked as John shrugged shoving his hands into his pockets smirking.
"I could give you a ride to my place if you'd like?" He suggested as I thought about it. I've never been to his house before, Johns only ever come to mine but that was once though. I think it's be interesting to see what his house is like.

"Sure I'd love to." I nodded as he gently patted my back quite roughly.
"Great! I'll meet you outside the lockers then!" He cooed without a stutter as I hummed back in response, soon the teacher arrived blowing a whistle to gain our attention over to them.

Everyone fell silent as the teacher took attendance and we were all soon ushered out to the track to do a few laps.