Chapter Five

15:30pm, Locker room, JFK

I was waiting outside the locker room my back against the cold wall with my arms folded to my chest while my legs were crossed slightly. I understood why Vincent took so long in the changing rooms, it wasn't easy changing in front of other people if you weren't body positive. He was rather scrawny and small but he shouldn't need to feel like he should hide away from the others.

Vincent soon slunked out of the locker quietly, I hummed gazing over at him as he walked over to me.
"Ready to er go?" I ask as he nodded shyly and we soon headed off out of the school. We walked till we got to my red Chevrolet Corvette and hopped in, we buckled ourselves in, I soon started the car and drove off.

The car hummed as I leaned back in my seat holding the wheel with a hand as Vincent was fiddling the ends of his sleeves. I smiled patting his head as he gasped faintly obviously not expecting it. I chuckled as he frowned gazing up at me as he rolled his eyes and glanced off.

"You're not funny Kennedy." He muttered as I smirked glancing back at the road.
"I'll er try harder next time." I grin as he chuckled lowly soon sighing as he leaned back in the seat.
"Sure" he smiled gazing out the window as I nodded soon pulling up to my house.

I turned the engine off and hopped out my car as Vincent exited as well grabbing his bag. We soon entered my house I was met by one of my dads who was in the kitchen. He had poked his head out from behind the door way with a smile as he glanced over at Vincent and I.

"Aww who's this baby?" He asked while I shuffled my shoes off while Vincent down the same awkwardly.
"Just a friend from school we're working on a project together." I answer back as he nodded.

"Well I made some cookies if you and your friend would like some!" He cooed happily waving at Vincent with a wooden spoon as he kind of waved back with a nod.
"Is there uh any batter left?" I asked as he chuckled nodding.

"Always baby!" He smiled heading back into the kitchen and soon popped back out handing me the bowl as he ruffled my hair. I whined embarrassedly hitting his hand away as he giggled rolling his eyes.
"He hates it! When I do that in front of his friends! But that makes it all the more fun!" My dad told Vincent gently nudging his shoulder as I blushed groaning.

"Dad!" I whined as he chuckled walking back over towards the kitchen.
"Just yell when you need something okay!" He cooed and soon vanished into the kitchen as I sighed gently grabbing Vincent's arm cradling the bowl in the other and dragged him upstairs to my room.

We soon entered as I released his arm and shut the door with soft annoyed mumbles. I sighed longingly as I turned around seeing Vincent stand awkwardly as he gazed at me. We continued staring at each other for a moment till I moved towards my desk placing down the bowl of cookie batter before turning on the radio.

'Creep' by Radiohead started to play, I wasn't a big fan of Radiohead but I didn't mind this song it sounded nice.

I hummed faintly to myself as I soon rummaged through my drawers and pulled out the signs I made. I smiled at them and soon turned to Vincent who had made acquaintance with my bed. I walked over to him and sat down next to him handing him the signs.

"So what er do you think?" I asked as he admired my tiny signs reading them with a smile as he soon chuckled.
"Why does mine say baked bean?" He asked as I grinned.
"Because you're tiny and ginger!" I replied back as he chuckled more with a soft groan while he shook his head.
"What an obscure observation!" He sighed as I grinned nodding while he looked over the signs.

"So your string bean then because your tall?" He murmured as I hummed in response as he handed me the signs back.
"Exactly." I cooed as he glanced off probably looking about my room and soon took notice to the mirror that hung above my bed with a worried frown.

"Something the er matter?" I ask as Vincent turns to me with a cocked brow.
"D-do you ever like fear the mirror?" He asks concernedly as I shrug gazing up at my mirror.
"Not really I er don't mind seeing myself in the Ah morning...but the uh screws on a couple ends are coming loose so I er might need to take it down at some point." I say as he slowly nods and gazes off again.

We sit in silence for a while till I remembered the batter and got up walking over to my desk picking up the bowl and dipped my finger into it happily shoving the gooey goodness into my mouth and smile. It tasted wonderful as it melted in your mouth into a sticky paste. I've always enjoyed the cookie batter when I was younger and still now. It was nostalgic.

I glanced towards Vincent who was kicking his legs quietly, I smiled and gaze down at the bowl before walking towards him.
"Would you uh like some?" I asked as he looked up shaking his head.
"No thank you." He spoke softly as I nodded and finished the batter scraping the rest off the sides before placing the bowl back down.

"I'm er just wondering do you mind adding the signs to our models?" I asked as Vincent hummed smiling faintly.
"Sure I don't mind." He shrugged as he gently gazed down at the little signs he was still holding and soon placed them into his bag.