Episode 1

The car made a loud grinding sound as Ali changed gear. It was the first time she'd been on a motorway, so she felt like every single movement of her hand changed the direction the car was going. She wasn't used to speed like this. In fact, she hadn't driven all that much since she passed her driving test a year ago. There were very few people she'd have made this journey for, but Jack was one of them.

She had the radio on when she first set off and was singing along to the songs that came on. But as soon as she got up to higher speeds, she'd turned it off. She needed total concentration. She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw signs for the airport. She'd nearly made it. She doubted she'd ever make such a journey again. Jack could drive them back. It was his car, after all.

She was in the wrong lane, so indicated and took what she thought was a reasonable gap. The car behind her didn't seem to agree and beeped at her. She held her hand us as an apology, but she didn't really think she was in the wrong. That guy was just an asshole.

Once inside the airport, things didn't get any easier. She knew what gate she needed to be at, but went round in circles before she finally found the right carpark. She paid at the machine, then went inside. She was about half an hour early and it looked like the flight had been delayed too. So she found a coffee shop and ordered herself a latte.

She couldn't wait to see him again. It had been a month since they'd last been together, which was by far the longest time they'd spent apart since they'd first met three years ago. She'd not even been out that much since Jack went. She and Kai had been out for drinks and a few meals, but she liked her crazy nights out to be with Jack.

She was just finishing her coffee when she got a text.

Just landed. See you in a bit x

She put her phone away, threw her cup away and went to meet her best friend.

He arrived ten minutes later. Their eyes met through the crowds and both their faces filled with the biggest smiles. They were so happy to see each other. When he got to her, she threw her arms around him.

'Welcome back,' she said, 'I've missed you so much.'

'I've missed you too,' he said, giving her a kiss on the top of her head. 'You get my car here in one piece?'

'Just,' she said. 'You're driving it back.'

The car had been a gift to Jack from his father's winnings. It wasn't much, but it got him from A to B. He didn't really need it all that much, but he drove it to work and back every day. He was pretty new to motorway driving too, but had dropped his dad off at the airport once himself since getting it.

'No problem,' he said. 'I'm really grateful for you for coming for me.'

'It's fine,' she said. 'Happy birthday by the way.'

'Thanks.'

'No longer a teenager.'

'Don't remind me. Twenty sounds so old.'

They linked arms and walked towards the car together.

Jack really was pleased to be back with Ali again, but he'd started missing Oscar already.

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

It was also Max's eighteenth birthday. He'd been at school all day, but was planning on celebrating in style tonight. He went straight over to Luke's house. Luke had given him a key to his apartment, so let he let himself in and made himself comfortable whilst he waited for his boyfriend to come home.

When they'd first started dating, Max had said he'd wanted to take things slow. He was fresh out of his relationship with Milo and didn't want to jump straight in. But love doesn't always work like that. They were crazy about each other, so they started dating exclusively pretty much straight away.