Episode 2

'Are you nearly ready? We're going to be late,' Jade shouted to her boyfriend Johnny. He came out of the bathroom with his hair still damp and a towel wrapped around his waist.

'I won't be long babes,' he said.

She looked at him in shock. 'Oh my God! Have you only just been in the shower? You haven't got dressed or done your hair or anything. What have you been doing?'

She knew the answer; playing video games.

'I'll only be ten minutes,' he said.

'That's what you said an hour ago when I told you I was on my way over.'

'Relax. Nobody gets to these things on time anyway. They're not going to move on just because we're half an hour late.'

'But I don't want to be late at all. I haven't seen my friends for a while.'

Jade had spent the last couple of months living in France, whilst a young French student had lived at her house. She'd only been back a couple of weeks and hadn't had much time to hang out with Milo since. She knew that he'd broken up with Max and was back with his ex-boyfriend. That was where he'd spent most of his time lately. She'd also heard about Jack's travels, so was excited to see him too.

It seemed like so much had happened over Pride weekend. She felt so out of the loop and wanted to get there early so she had plenty of time to chat and catch up whilst the bars were still quiet.

Johnny was laid back at the best of times, probably due to the amount of weed he smoked. But something made her think he was deliberately taking his time in getting ready. She'd never taken him down Soho with her before and she sensed he wasn't too keen. But being more involved in each other's lives was one of her demands when they git back together, and that meant meeting and spending time with her friends.

'Maybe before I put my clothes on we could...' He raised an eyebrow.

'Not a chance mate. Do you know how long it took me to do my hair and make up. Now put something on. We're leaving this house in ten minutes whether you're dressed or not.'

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

Jack was pretty tired after travelling through the night, but he was looking forward to a night out all the same. He'd spent the last month in a remote little farming village, so was ready for the hustle and bustle of Soho.

He'd dropped Ali back at her place and driven back to his new apartment a couple of hours ago. He thought about getting some sleep before going out, but it didn't seem worth it. By the time he got himself to sleep, he'd have to get up to get ready not long after. He always spent his birthday down Soho, but this year it was a double celebration. He was leaving his teenage years on the same day his friend Max was turning eighteen. It would be Max's first birthday down Soho and it was a special one, so he was happy to let him take most of the attention this year.

Jack didn't have all that long to get ready, as he'd agreed to meet everyone in Soho at seven. He put some Britney on, as that always got him going. He poured himself a glass of wine and looked through his wardrobe for something to wear. His father had sent him a beautiful short satin shoulderless dress which would show off his hairy chest and legs. It had arrived last week and he loved it straight away. He was saving it for a special occasion and that seemed like today. He put it on, then looked for some shoes that would go with it.

It felt strange being in his 'girl's' clothes again. He'd spent the last month with Oscar and his family on the farm, so had had to wear jeans and T-shirts the whole time. Oscar's family didn't even know he was gay, so Jack had to act like the straight mate that he'd met on his travels. Oscar's family seemed to like him, but there wasn't a chance he'd ever get to be the boyfriend in front of them. It wasn't something that his parents would ever understand. It had made Jack feel so lucky to have a father like his.

Oscar lived in a little converted outhouse away from the main building where his parents lived. So when they were behind closed doors, they'd been a couple again. They could fuck as loudly as they wanted in there without fear of being heard. They'd done it in a field once too when they were out mending a fence together. It had been risky, but it was far away enough for them not to have been caught. Then there was that time in the barn...

They'd had such an amazing month together. He was glad that he'd gone, but it did make him miss Oscar even more. It had been hard for them to leave each other when Oscar had been there for a few days. After a month, it was even tougher. They both knew without a shadow of a doubt that they loved each other, but there still didn't seem a clear path of what they could do about it. They both still lived in different countries. Oscar couldn't leave Sweden and Jack didn't want to leave city life behind. It had been nice to get away from it for a month, but he couldn't see his life there.

He wanted to speak with Oscar, so he grabbed his iPad and video called him. Oscar answered pretty much straight away.

'Hey baby,' he said, 'I'm so glad you called. Happy birthday.'

'Thanks,' said Jack.

'Is that your new dress?'

'Yes.'

'You look beautiful in it.'

'Thanks.'

Jack smiled. He was so happy to see Oscar's face again. It had only been yesterday when Oscar had driven him to the airport, but if felt like a lifetime ago.

'You looking forward to seeing your friends again?' Oscar asked him.

'I am,' said Jack, 'but I'd rather be there with you.'

'I wish you were here too.'

'What are we going to do?'

Oscar shrugged. 'I don't know.'

There didn't seem to be a clear answer. Maybe the best thing would be to walk away and make it easier for them both in the long term. But it was too late for that now. They were both too vested in this relationship. If Jack had not gone to Sweden, they could have both been a sweet but distant memory. He found it hard regretting it though when they'd both had such an amazing time together.

Author's Note

Poor old Jack and Oscar. What are they going to do?

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving me a like or a comment.

Hope you're all keeping safe x