ultimate despair⚪️

🌟

i don't know why i'm doing what i'm doing... what will hajime do? will he even miss me? wait...

will souda be ok?

i'm his only friend left.... ibuki died, gundham died, and now i'm all he has...

fuck i shouldn't do this...

no...if i don't do this then they won't find out who the traitor is! meaning they'll never have the true hope of getting out of here!

i need to do this...

-

🛠

i was walking with hajime, we weren't doing anything really, just talking. he seemed off though.

"hajime? are you ok?" i asked, looking slightly up at him

"wh- yeah i'm good...have you seen nagito?" he asked.

huh...i haven't seen him today.

then it hit me...

shit

i ran away from hajime and to that place nagito kept going everyday for the past week. i  banged my fist on the door, jiggling the handle to at least try and get the door open.

"nagito!" i screamed, banging harder on the door. akane came up behind me and pushed me out of the way. she threw herself into the door and let me in. i nodded as a thank you and she nodded back. i pushed the door open and immediately was filled with fear.

it smelled like dried blood

i kicked a door open and saw it....

nagito, laying on the floor, spear in his stomach, at least 13 stab wounds in each leg, at least 5 stab wounds in his left arm, and a knife stabbed into his right hand.

"n-nagito?" i whispered, falling to the floor.

"souda? ya still in there, bud?" akane called. i heard her and sonia talking normally as they approached the room i was in.

"souda are y-...holy shit..." akane stared at nagitos corpse for a minute before she picked me up and took me out of the room. she placed me next to the door, but it was at just an angle to wear i couldn't see the body anymore. i saw sonia walk in and immediately the body notification sound went off.

i hugged my knees to my chest and started to cry. i was practically broken...nagito was all i had left, and he was ripped away from me by one of the 5 other people left on this damn island.

akane picked me up again and she placed me by the water and sat next to me.

"you guys go investigate, i'll take care of kazuichi." akane called out, wrapping her arm around my neck and hugging me. then, i truly broke. i sobbed into her chest.

"i didn't know you actually cared for anyone other than mioda and tanaka...obviously, i was wrong." akane sighed, patting my back. the bell ring that signalled the class trial to begin. akane helped me up and we all walked to the trial room.

-

you could say the trail went by quickly, i realised nagito wasn't murdered, instead he killed himself. but he was trying to show us something...i know that.

-

after chiakis execution, we only had a singular question left.

who's the mastermind? who is truly responsible for nagitos death?