dearest kazuichi🟠

nagito brushed the tangles out of his hair, still leaving it rather fluffy

he got dressed (his regular get up, minus the jacket) and looked at his reflection

"i've looked better....." nagito sighed.

the 19 year old shook it off and left his house, walking to the bakery he worked at. it wasn't that close, but the guy wanted to stay fit.

he looked in the mech shop down the street of his work and saw a small, frail looking boy walk in. you could say that nagito had a crush of sorts. he always watched the boy run in, and sometimes the boy would see him and wave. it made nagito smile when the boy noticed him.

-

kazuichi zipped up his blue jumpsuit and threw on his baseball cap and ran out of his house. his long, pink hair occasionally obscured his vision. the 17 year old ran to the mechanic shop his dad forced him to work at, barely able to breathe when he got there. he looked up and saw that tall dude who worked at the bakery and he smiled. kazuichi waved and watched as the others face lit up, then he started smiling and waving back.

kazuichi smiled and just walked inside, soon met with a punch to the chest.

he fell to the ground and started hyperventilating, his breath depleting more than it already had.

"you're pathetic! you couldn't even show up when i asked?!" tatsuo, his dad, screamed

"s-s-" kazuichi paused to inhale "sorry s-s-sir"

his dad just scoffed and picked up his son.

"start working on that car, now." tatsuo snapped, pointing to a sleek, black corvette that had the hood popped open. kazuichi nodded and ran to the car, grabbing a wrench and starting to fix the loose bolts and nuts around the engine.

once he finished on the car fully, it was about five hours later, he stumbled to go get water. he's not allowed to drink while he's working on a car. kaz grabbed a cold bottle of water from the counter and chugged it.

"did you finish the car?" his dad asked. kazuichi nodded and muttered a quick 'yes sir' before finishing the bottle. tatsuo nodded and looked at the car, making sure kaz wasn't lying. he gave the owner of the car a quick call and he sounded so nice, so incredibly sweet and like he was a good father. the second he hung up, however, he shot his son a quick glare and walked up to him, grabbing him by the throat an pinning him to a wall.

"you're worthless. do you understand that? you're the reason your mother lef-"

"NO!" kazuichi brought his hands to his face and started sobbing. he hated when his father tried to blame him for his mom leaving. it's not like he never got to see his mother. every 3 months he'd get to stay at her house for 3 weeks. but still...

"don't ever interrupt me!" tatsuo screamed, dropping his son onto the ground.

kazuichi brought his knees to his chest and started sobbing, making small, choked noises every now and then.

-

nagitos day was going relatively well, there was a lot of people coming in and buying cakes, donuts etc or stuff for baking, this meant his pay check was going to be good. he was happy about that. he was almost at his break. his car was broken so he was planning on getting it fixed during his break. and yes it was an excuse to hang out with the boy from the mech shop.

as soon as nagitos break started, he walked back to his house and got his car. he drove to the mech shop and stopped outside. it wasn't busy, this was good.