Chapter one: The bully!

• Dedicated to Neill Craven

I'm swimming in darkness, I panic when it starts to win. help I yell, none comes. I watch as I start to drown in the darkness, crying out in fear I look up light! I think, I focus on the light swimming as hard as I can. Just as I'm about to win I'm knocked back into the darkness. I look all around me, the blackness tries to choke me.

I gasp while sitting up, my bright blue eyes gleam with tears. I jump out of bed wondering what happened, As I walk to my mirror I notice my long-ish jet black hair is curly, I shake my head while grabbing some clothes. As I'm getting dressed I can hear my brother-Jaze- arguing with our mum, rolling my eyes I quickly pull my shirt over my head, checking myself in the mirror I realize I have the wolf shirt on.

I smile knowing it's my brother favorite shirt and we have them to match. I tilt my head, listening for any threats. When I find none I head down stairs where my family wait for me. I nod to Jaze and smile at my mum and dad. Even though I'm only young, me and my brother act very mature. I love that we can actually have a conversation that an adult would have. Sometimes my brother acts like a two year old, but at the end of the day we are children, I think to myself.

Before I know what's happening Jaze leaps at me, knocking me to the ground. I growl but start to fight back, eventually our parents join in. Laughing so hard my ribs hurt I tell them to calm down. my mum yells "FOOD!" and everyone jumps to the table. 

No one talks while we eat and the food is soon all gone, The food is yummy and I sit back with my hand on my belly, I love how my mum cooks. I wish I could cook. I settle on the sofa waiting for my favourite show to come on. My brother saunters over to join me, my dad watches us with his head tilted, his jet black hair dangs to the side and his blue eyes sparkle with mischievousness. "Time for school" he finally says

"UGH do we have to go dad I hate it in that place" I whine and Jaze shoots me a look.

"Come on sis it's only for five hours and we are only six, better get to know stuff now" Jaze says to me.

Rolling my eyes I put on my black boots, walking to the car I spin around wondering what the strange tingling up my back is. "You OK sis?" my brother asks me in our mind link.

"I'm fine, just had a weird feeling that's all" I reply.

I spot a man with a cruel smile and white hair, my eyes widen as I see him looking at me. I shiver and Jaze puts his arm around me, my gut is telling me something is very wrong but I can't out my finger on it.

I watch out of the window as my dad drives us to Grange school for four to eleven year old's. As he pulls in I groan, Darcy Dickson the school bully is waiting for us. My dad gives me a concerned look but doesn't say anything.

I look to Jaze and roll my eyes "we are in for a very long day" I tell him through our link. He just nods to me then opens the car door.

"Bye dad see you later" he says to dad.

I huff then open my door as well "Thanks dad see ya"

When I step out and walk to Jaze, Darcy glares at me. With her two minions she walks to up us "Well look what the cat dragged in" She sneers.

"Well look who it is, don't you have any other friends to bother" I say glancing at my brother.

She suddenly growls at me then jumps, throwing a punch which lands on my cheek. I yelp in surprise but am ready for the next move, as she jumps and kick out I grab her leg. As it throws her off balance she snarls at me.

"WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON!" The head of Grange school shouts.

"S-she hit me" Darcy cries, what a bitch I think.

"I see, Kate Davis my office NOW!" he tells me. I nod and start to head toward his office.

I growl under my breath, "Hey bro I'll see you in first lesson OK?" I ask.

"Yes OK sis but be careful, no doubt Darcy will wait for you" he tells me.

Glad I have this mind link I think to myself. As I trot to the office I look back to see Darcy smiling sweetly. I ignore her and go into the office.

I wait for what seems like hours but must be minutes.The head finally walked in with a scowl in his face. "what was that about?" He asks in a stern voice.

"She attacked me" I explain he never listens to me I think to myself.

"You know this school does not tolerate violence and I have told you millions of times" He exaggerates.

Rolling my eyes, I nod "okay Sir, what now?" I ask, thinking I know the answer.

"I think I have no choice but to exclude you permanently" He tells me, I gasp Not what I thought he would do I think to myself.

"But Sir" I say, already accepting defeat. I'm actually happy that I don't have to come back but I know my mum would kill me.

I sigh "okay Sir I'll go now" I say while holding my head up high.

I walk out feeling lighter than when I went in. Jaze is waiting for me outside "How did it go sis?" he asks.

"Not good, I'm excluded permanently. Mum and dad are not going to be happy" I tell him, he reacts the same as me which makes me laugh.

Just as Jaze said Darcy is waiting for me, my anger gets the better of me and I lunge at her. Making sure to watch her I throw the first punch which lands on the side of her head. She staggers back from the blow.

As she jumps in to fight me the head comes out, "Kate go home NOW" He shouts. I huff but obey by walking to the school gates. 

Walking home I feel the same strange tingling feeling, I spin around but no one is there weird I think to myself. I feel something inside me, try to get out. I put my hand against the fence in effort to rid myself of the dizziness.

 *******************************************************************************************

 Don't forget to comment and vote.

Hope you liked the first chapter of my story because I have enjoyed writing it.

Love and peace :)

Why don't you check out my newest book or check out my page for more books by me! https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/52453946-the-bond-of-blood-vampires-unite-series