Chapter Three: Taken

• Gewidmet Neill Craven

Screams echo in my head, I sit up with a cry. The fever has gotten worse I think. Looking around I'm in my room but Jaze is sat on the floor "Jaze?" I ask in a shaky voice.

"It's me sis, you ok?" he asks me.

"No I think the fever is worse" I cry out while reaching out to clutch his hand.He gently sits on the edge of my bed and lays down with me. Kissing my head he tells me i'm safe and to sleep, I lean into him and darkness takes me prisoner.

In the morning I wake up felling like I never went to sleep, groaning I roll over to snuggle into my brother. "You ok?" he asks.

I just shake my head, groaning even more I get up. Jaze nods in understanding and leaves my room, I get my clothes and rush to get them on.

I look at myself in the mirror and start to cry, Jaze rushes back into the room and hugs me tight "it's ok sis you're going to be fine, just a little fever" He tells me.

I shake myself to clear my head, after I settle down he lets me go. We head down stairs to face mum and dad, who look just as bad as I feel.

 "What's the matter Kate?" My mum asks.

"I don't know I've got a fever and I feel like I'm going to die" I whine.

My mum looks at dad and then she says "Why don't you and your brother go out for a walk?".

"Ok mum come on Jaze" I say in reply.

I walk to the front door and turn, waiting for my brother. Once he's ready we head towards the local park where we normally play.

 While walking I take a deep breath, then let it out. Feeling better I start to run and Jaze follows my lead.Laughing we reach the park and I notice some people watching us, too afraid to speaks out loud I tell Jaze "look over there, them people are watching us. Should we be scared?".

"No sis, they might just be watching over their kids or something" He says shaking off my worries.I roll my eye but head for the swings.

I sit on the swing and me and Jaze have a competition, see who can get the highest, I mange to get really high then I try to jump off. As I land I bend my knees and roll so I don't break my legs. "Wow that was great sis" Jaze shouts still on the swing.

We play for what seems like years but must have only been hours."Time to go I think" Jaze says.

"Ok bro" I reply. We start to head home but the people who watched us at the park follow us.

"Jaze they are following us!" I shout through our link.

"I know sis just keep going, at this Right turn four rights and follow me but look like you know where you're going. It might lose them" He instructs.

I just nod and do as he says, once we have turned four rights we slow down. "Think they are gone?" I ask in our link just in case.

He shrugs but look behind us, his eyes widen and with a yelp he grabs my arm and starts to run.I struggle to keep up with him but I do because I don't want to find out what these people want.

Just as we think we are safe and that we have lost them, two people jump in front of us and two at the back jump out. "We are trap Jaze what do we do?" I ask.

"You're the one with the fighting skills you tell me" he snaps back.

"Ok well let your instincts kick in, I'll try my best" I reply while rolling my eyes, trepidation runs through my veins but I shake it off.

Suddenly a growl tears through me, I wait for the people to attack but they just wait. After ages of a stand off they all lunge as one. I duck and punch so many times, it begins to be muscle memory.

Eventually I start to tire and so does my brother, just as we are nearly over run, I see Toby and his friends.

They all start shouting and trying to join the fight to help us but the people have Jaze. "Jaze!" I shout knowing it is no use. After another person pulls a knife out, I start to panic. I fight until all my strength has left me, the person shoves the knife deep inside my side.

I scream out in pain and my vision start to fade in and out. knowing there is not much time I shout the Toby "Keep mum and dad safe" I see him nod just as I pass out.

**************************************************************************************

Thank you for reading and I hope you liked it. I really love writing this book :).

Don't forget to vote and comment please.