Chapter Six: Race against time

Time crawled on, me and Jaze were beaten more and more until today when no one came to get us. As time grew I started getting edgy "Jaze?" I whisper fearing I would get caught.

"What?" He replies.

"Don't you think it's strange that they have not come in yet?" I ask.

"No, I don't know sis" He growls at me.

Just as I started to relax, The door opened revealing a short man with greasy blonde, shoulder length hair and frightening hazel eyes. "So these are the mysterious silver twins?" He asks the woman who has just walked in.

"Yes and they are going to make me rich, so I need them trained along with Jet in the corner" She tells him with a slight frown and murderous glare.

"Hm yes, yes of course they will need to be moved to my warehouse but yes and because your a family friend it will be free of charge" He replies.

"Great" She says rubbing her hands together. I stare on in horror what will happen next? I think, I look over at Jet who is tense and snarling, I join in as well when the man, who usually beats us, comes in with a gun.

He lifts the gun while says "Goodnight pups" and shot at me and Jaze, Jet leaps in his cage trying to take the shots for us but they meet their targets and we both collapse.

********************** Three weeks later*******************

Training was getting harder and me, Jaze and Jet were worn out to our limits but still more training "You have to get better" The short man always said.

Today is really bad, my wounds will not heal and Jet has to stich me up "OW" I yell once more.

"Hold still Kate" Jet shouts at me. I roll my eyes.

"OK geez but it's hard when your poking a needle through my skin" I growl at him.

He growls back at me then proceeds to tie from the string."There all done" He says.

As we all huddle together for warmth and to keep me alive, the man comes in "Not tonight, your going to your first fight" He says.He get us in the cage, we all cram into one, and wait for him to move us. He brings out a dart guns and shoots Jet and Jaze.

"Better not dart you Gold your already hurt, don't want to kill you before the big night" He says as he walks out Gold whats that mean I wonder, I check my tattoos and they are still the same colour, silver.

In the van I sit guarding my pack, or what I have come to think of one. Smells gather around me, all blurring into one.

I growl when the door opens and people grab the handles for the cage, still growling they pay me no attention and pull the cage out and onto some wheels.

I stop growling knowing they are not bothered, after they have put us in a holding room Jet and my brother start to wake up, "How long have you been awake Gold" Jet asks me.

"All the way, and why is everyone calling me Gold?" I ask.

"Because when your in wolf form your tattoos are gold and your brothers are silver so that's why your called the silver twins but also have your own names." Jet tells me.

"Ok" is all I can say.

"Right you lot, phrase" someone tells us. Jet goes first because he can protect us better in wolf form, and Jaze goes after leaving me to phrase on my own. I clear my mind and pull out a memory of my first phrase and how my body moved.

Just as I think of it my body begins to go back to that shape, pure white fur explodes along my side and limbs, bones shift and my face elongates into a muzzle.

I stand and shake myself to settle the phrase, our cage is moved to a side door and the door is opened. people push us out with silver tipped rods.

We all stand near the cage and wait for something to happen, three alpha wolves jump out off their cage from the other side door. Growling I pick up Toby's scent NO it can't be him I plead in my mind.

I focus on his scent and find that it's coming from outside the silver wired ring. I look up into his eyes, Jay is there too. They tip their heads in greeting and I give a yip in answer.

I look at them a fraction too long and one of the alphas jumps me, I mange too break free of his hold and I hear people chanting gold and silver over and over again.

I look over briefly to my brother and see he's fighting like he has nothing to lose. I take on his style and soon find myself getting into the flow of things.

I leap at my attacker and duck at last minute twisting my body, I bit his soft underbelly. After I have done that I turn for his neck, Luckily I get a good hold and rip with all my might. and as his body hits the fall, dead, I know I made a big mistake.

*************************************************************************************

Sorry for the cliff hanger.

hope you liked it.

Please don't forget to comment and vote

love you all

love and peace :)