7/Bad Love

Time Skip A Few Days

Semi: Ushiwaka.. can we talk.

Ushijima looked up from his book and nodded. He got up and followed the setter outside of the gym. He could see how nervous Semi looked but he didn't know how to comfort him.

Ushijima: What's wrong Eita?

Semi: [y/n] chose you..

Ushijima: What?

Semi: She only likes you.. I found out a few days ago while we were out shopping.

Ushijima: I see.

Semi: Take care of her man. She is Hayato's sister and she means a lot to the team.

Ushijima: I will.

Semi: Good. I just had to get that off my conscience.

Ushijima nodded at the setter who has now sighed and given Ushijima a genuine but small smile. Semi went back inside the gym while Ushijima stood outside in his thoughts.

Usually Ushijima doesn't feel such strong emotions but currently, he was at a cross road. He felt bad for his teammate. He could see how much it hurt him to give you up but at the same time, Ushijima was madly in love with you.

Your goofy and cunning personality. Your body that was pure gold in his eyes. Your beautiful voice and eyes. He was weak for you and only you.

But he didn't want his teammate to be upset.

Yet, Ushijima knew it wasn't his choice. You chose him, Semi will just have to accept that.

As Ushijima was caught up in his thoughts, he never noticed you in the distance. Your arms filled with bags of treats for the guys. This week, you brought them pocky and other small treats that they all enjoy.

You: Wakatoshi!

Ushijima: Hm? Oh hi [y/n]-san.

You: Here, I brought you guys treats.

Ushijima took the small brown bag you held out to him. He walked into the gym behind you. He watched as you handed everyone their little bag of treats that you always brought them. He watched Semi decline the treat bag but he thanked you for thinking of him.

Ushijima and the whole team watched Semi walk away from you. Semi looked blank while you looked sad. You set Semi's bag down in the bench and walked out of the gym without another word. The whole team watched you leave the gym, then looked at Semi who was just holding a volleyball in his hands as he was facing away from the team.

Hayato: What the hell Eita?!

Reon: Why didn't you accept the treat?

Goshiki: [y/n]-san always brings us treats-

Semi: I don't want to be around her right now. Let's just get back to practice.

The atmosphere in the gym was off. A setter. The one who can control the game. The one who makes the plays, the brain of the team, was now broken.