Letting Fred go

Today was the day I confronted George. I was up and ready. I had followed his routine for a few days to see how he avoided me. He'd be in his office by 8, which is where I would be. I quickly got out my room and got to the office for 10 to 8. I looked at my watch perfect. I was pretty bored so I sat down on his chair and started spinning in it, but I stopped to noticed the photo on his desk. It was the picture of me and him at work. I picked it up and smiled. Why can't that be us again? I quickly heard the door of the flat open and stood up waiting for George to come in. The door opened and he stopped when he saw me. "Here to hand in you're notice?" He asked grabbing paperwork from his desk. "Nope just here wondering why you've been avoiding me for months?" I asked. He furrowed his eyebrows. "No I haven't" he looked as if I'd just stabbed him.

"How did she know?" George thought.

"George I can read you're thoughts!" I hissed at him. I grabbed my bag and went to leave his office. I stopped at the door. "Happy Birthday to me eh?" I didn't bother looking at him. I just left. I walked towards the shop door. "Where are you going?" Ron asked. "Anywhere away from here" I told him with tears running down my cheeks. He nodded with sad eyes opening the door for me and I left.

I sat on a random bench somewhere behind Diagon Alley, and just stared out into the gardens. It was beautiful, A smile played on my lips as I noticed the sun coming out. I looked at the sky and saw Oswald, my owl, fly down on my arm. I took the letter out from his leg and opened it.

Dearest Tina,

Have a fantastic birthday!

All my wishes,
Draco

I smiled, with a tear falling from my eye. He remembered. I took out the package that was attached to the letter and opened it to see a charm, a Niffler charm, to attach to my necklace. I placed it around my neck along with my Bowtruckle charm and smiled. Who would've thought the evil death eater Draco Malfoy, would've bought me a gift. I laughed at my joke thinking of the chances. "Tina" I turned around to see a very out of breath George. "I've been looking everywhere... for....you" George panted, placing his hands on his knees, he took a seat next to me and pulled me into a hug. "I'm really sorry I've been avoiding you" he said into my shoulder. "Why have you been?" I asked
"I was scared"
"Off what?"
"Off falling in love with you and forgetting about Fred" he looked down at hands and I grabbed them smiling at him.

'He's ready Tina' Fred thought

"George I think we should visit his grave, there's something I have to tell you" he looked at me confused but decided he was ready to face his brothers grave. I grabbed his hand and apperated there landing right in front of Fred's grave. George stood there, he looked as if he was going to be sick, his skin went pale and tears started to run down his cheek. I grabbed his hand and created a flower with my wand, sitting it down at the grave. "Why are we here?" He asked me. "George this is going to sound crazy, and I know that you might think I'm insane but please here me out I reall-"
He cut me off. "Tina why are we here?" He was a bit more stern. I swallowed hard. "George there's an old tale, to do with the Legilimency ability, the story says that if you love someone, you can hear the thoughts of the one they love. I didn't believe it at first but Fred-"
I was cut off again. "Fred's dead!" He hissed at the sound of his name. Tears were running down my cheeks. "George I can hear his thoughts, I can talk to him, I can feel him. You're love for him is so strong I can-"
"Fred is dead Tina! That is impossible!" He shouted trying to walk away. I grabbed his arm.

'Ask him about the scar on his cheek' Fred thought

"How did you get that scar on you're cheek?" I asked George
"What?" He asked calming down.

'The first time we pranked Ron, it backfired and a firework fell back on him. He was too ashamed to tell anyone so I hid him in the room for a week and pretended to be him so mum didn't find out' Fred thought.

"The first time you and Fred pranked Ron, it backfired and a firework fell back on you. You was too ashamed to tell anyone so Fred hid you in the room for a week and pretended to be you, so your mother didn't find out" I repeated what Fred said. George couldn't speak. "How do you know that?" He asked angrily. "Because he told me!" I shouted George fell down next to his grave.
"Hey Georgie" I said sitting down next to him, I was now speaking on behalf of Fred. I grabbed Georgie's hand. "Freddie" he smiled looking at the stone. "Don't be such a baby" Fred said. George started to cry more. "It's good to hear from you" George sniffled, I tightened the grip on his hand. "I don't have long, I can move onto the next stage of life now. I just wanted to say goodbye Georgie" I started to cry, I hated listening in. "Fred I love you" George said hugging me. "I love you too mate" he smiled. We both looked up at the sky. "Oh and George"
"Yes Fred"
"Look after Tina will you, don't be a dick" we both laughed at Fred's remark.
"Of course I will Freddie" George smiled at me, and we lay back in the grass. "He's gone" I whispered. I wiped the tears from Georgie's face and he smiled. "Thankyou for letting me say goodbye" he whispered. I smiled at him. "I didn't have much of a choice, you're brother tends to always get what he wants" I joked. We both laughed.
"Happy Birthday Tina"
"Thankyou Georgie"