The Shopping Trip

It was not very often that Benimaru had to leave Asakusa. This was one of those times.

Benimaru sighed to himself. "Remember. You're doing this for Konro." He steeled himself before entering a grocery store that was most likely under Haijima's control. After all, Haijima did control the majority of society's materials and operations.

A soft chime rang out overhead as he entered the store. He was about to make a beeline for the aisle that had what he was looking for before he heard a familiar giggle.

He looked over and saw you playfully prodding Hinawa with an awfully large carrot. A sharp look from Hinawa soon caused you to pout and put the carrot down into the shopping cart.

You beamed at Hinawa. "I'm going to pick out this week's snacks, Take." You announced. "Is there anything in particular you want?"

Benimaru raised an eyebrow. He hadn't heard that name before.

"No," Hinawa replied. "Just remember to get what the others asked for."

You gave Hinawa a salute before dashing off to the snacks aisle.

Benimaru made his way over next to Hinawa once you were out of eyesight. He focused his gaze on a cabbage.

"Captain Shinmon," Hinawa greeted. He also kept his gaze forward. "I didn't expect to see you outside of Asakusa."

"What is your relationship with Y/N?" Benimaru's question sounded more like a demand.

A pause.

"I've known her for my entire life," Hinawa answered.

"... I see." Benimaru stepped away and headed for the aisle he originally meant to go to.

Hinawa watched as you spotted Benimaru and blurted out a quick hello. A rosy hue settled on your cheeks.

He raised an eyebrow.

------

A/N: I've been pretty bummed lately with everything going on. Hope that you're all doing okay.