09 || Partnerships

Hogwarts, September 16th, 1995

Awaking to the sound of talking Ivy sat up in her bed and yawned loudly rubbing her eyes. Looking around she saw Hermione sitting on her bed talking to Ginny who was standing in the doorway of their dorm.

"Good morning Ivy, Ginny and I were just about to head down to get some breakfast, wanna come?" Hermione said looking over at the still sleepy Ivy.

"Yeah of course, let me just get dressed." Ivy said getting out of her warm bed and making her way over to her trunk to get some clothes. Closing the bathroom door behind her she got out of her pajamas and put on her clothes for the day. After brushing her teeth and hair Ivy slipped out of the bathroom and walked over to the girls.

"All ready?"

"Yup, let's go eat I'm starving." Ivy stated as the three girls exited the dormitory and walked to the Great Hall. It was later in the morning so the hall wasn't that crowded with people. Students scattered the tables of different houses reading the Daily Prophet or talking with friends while they ate. Sitting down Ivy grabbed some fruit and bacon while Hermione and Ginny selected their food for the morning.

"Hey Ivy and Ginny the match is only two weeks away, how is the team doing?" Hermione asked in between bits of eating her biscuit.

"It is going well, the whole team gets along and Harry is a good captain." Ginny replied taking a sip of her orange juice.

"Yeah the only thing is it has been a little hard for Zach being the new keeper and all, but I'm sure we will be ready by the end of September." Ivy chimed in finishing off her bacon.

"Well hopefully we will be, I mean we can't lose the first match!" started Harry as he just entered the hall and sat down to join in on the girls conversation grabbing a piece of bacon biting a chunk out of it.

Ivy gave him a pat on the back and a small smile. "Don't worry too much Harry, we will do to the best of our abilities that we can." she tried to cheer him up but he still seemed nervous.

"It's just that of course our first match has to be against Slytherin, who knows what they'll do this time." he said crossing his arms over his chest and dropping his head onto the table.

"So...what does everyone have planned for today?" Hermione asked obviously wanting to steer the conversation in an opposite direction before Harry got too upset.

"I was going to go hang out with some girls in my year back at the common room."

"Probably just hang out and study."

"Worry about the upcoming match." Harry was the last to speak as he scoffed and got up from the table. "Sorry guys, I'm going to rest and try to calm down, see you all later." and with that he gave the girls a weak smile and rushed out of the Great Hall.

"He seems really stressed out."

"Not surprised he puts a lot of pressure on himself and if he ever fails he thinks he let down the entire universe." added in Hermione. The three girls all sighed and got up from the table as well.

"Well I'm going to go walk around for a little bit, see you guys later tonight!" Ivy said giving Ginny and Hermione quick hugs before exiting the hall. As she walked through the big double doors of the Great Hall out into the entrance hall she started towards the courtyard. Turning a corner she felt herself being dragged backwards as two sets of strong hands grabbed hold of both her wrists and pulled her into an empty classroom. Turning around she was faced by none other than the two red-headed twins.