10 || Falling

Hogwarts, September 30th, 1995

"Hermione! Hurry up in there I have to get ready!" Ivy yelled as she banged on the bathroom door repeatedly waiting for her friend to get out. Today was the day of the first Quidditch match of the year. Ivy was on edge and seeing Harry that morning at breakfast didn't make her feel any better. She stayed close to him the whole morning and kept giving him words of encouragement but nothing seemed to work. Now the match would be starting in less than 20 minutes and Ivy was supposed to be down on the field in ten minutes and she wasn't even ready.

"I swear to god, I'm going to hex your ass if you don't get out of that bathroom right now Hermione Jean Granger!" she pulled her wand out of her robe ready to knock the door down right as Hermione opened it.

"Merlin Ivy, calm down I was taking a shower!" she girl said rushing out of Ivy's way not wanting to feel the girl's wraith. Ivy sighed and made her way into the bathroom shutting the door behind her. Quickly changing into her new Quidditch robes she put her hair up into a tight ponytail and splashed her face with some cold water. Moments later she walked out of the bathroom and went over to her bed to put her clothes away. Grabbing her broom and gloves she neared Hermione who was brushing out her thick brown curls.

"Listen Hermione, I'm sorry I was acting a little crazy a second ago, just first match nerves, you know."

"Oh don't worry Ivy I totally get it, trust me I've been friends with Harry and Ron for five years now." she stated making the two girls laughed. Hermione then pulled Ivy into a tight embrace and whispered into her ear. "Good luck, I know you're going to do great." she finished pulling away. Ivy smiled and rushed out the door heading down to the Quidditch field as quickly as she could, she did not want to be scolded by Harry.

Arriving down at the field just as Harry started his team speech Ivy walked over to where Ginny, Fred, and George were standing.

"Ready for today Ivy?" Ginny asked while Harry continued to give his speech.

"As ready as I'll ever be." she replied with a smile.

"C'mon Ivy, with you as our chaser we are definitely going to crush Slytherin!" Fred said giving her a wide grin.

"Thanks Fred." Ivy whispered as Harry looked their way giving them a look to shut up. A couple moments later Harry finished up his speech right as students and staff started to fill up the stands. The Gryffindor team all huddled up one last time and wished each other luck. Lee announced the team and they made their way into the middle of the field while people up in the stands clapped and cheered. The Slytherin team then was announced as they made their way onto the field. Madam Hooch instructed both teams to mount their brooms and get into position.

Swinging one leg over her Nimbus 2001 Ivy mounted her broom and hovered up fifteen feet in the air. Behind her were Fred and George and she turned around to meet Fred's gaze, he gave her a wink and smile before redirecting his attention to Madam Hooch who began to speak. Ivy saw Harry a couple feet above her and then she realized that Malfoy was the Slytherin team's Seeker. She knew there would be tension since the two were pretty much "rivals".

"Now, I want a clean match...from both teams." Madam Hooch finished glancing over at the Slytherin team who just snickered and rolled their eyes. "3..2..1.." she yelled throwing the Quaffle up into the air. Ivy zoomed to catch it in her grasp before the Slytherin Chaser could. Feeling the touch of the smooth leather material in her hands she turned around and headed straight for the goalposts.

Dodging a Bludger Ivy zipped her way through the players who tried to steal the Quaffle from her. Reaching the goalposts she was quick to throw the ball into the left goalpost catching the opposing team's Keeper off guard. He was too slow to react as the Quaffle went through the goalpost meaning Ivy just scored the first points of the season.

"Ivy Cornell zooming through the air and scoring on Slytherin's goal...10 POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR!" Lee exclaimed causing the Gryffindors in the stands to erupt into cheers and chants. Ivy smiled before refocusing back onto the match. Even though she may have just scored, the match had only just started.

Over the next thirty minutes the score was Gryffindor leading with eighty points and Slytherin with forty. Ivy had scored five out of the eight goals and was felt very proud of herself. The snitch was no where in sight as the game continued on.

Ivy caught sight of one of Slytherin's Chasers zoom past her Quaffle in hand. She immediately followed him trying to catch up to him before he had the chance to score. Getting closer and closer Ivy reached her hand out ready to snatch the Quaffle away from the boy. But before she could even try to make a grab for it someone knocked into her on Ivy's other side. She looked over and saw the Slytherin team captain Marcus Flint trying to shove Ivy off her broom so that she couldn't grab the Quaffle.

"Two can play it that way!" she yelled at him shoving him hard with her shoulder causing him to loose his balance and almost fall of his broom. Focused on trying to regain his Balance Marcus lost his hold on Ivy and she used it towards her advantage to go back for the Quaffle.

Approaching the Chaser Ivy spun around and extended her fist out while she got closer and closer to the boy. Reaching up, she punched the Quaffle out from under his arm and caught it midair before it could fall to the ground. She heard the Gryffindors cheer while Lee announced that Ivy now had the Quaffle.

Turning around again Ivy pulled the Quaffle under her arm and headed for the Slytherin's goalposts. Ducking under two players she could see the right goalpost open just ahead of her. As she reached the goalpost she came to a sudden stop raising her arm high in the air aiming for the circular goal. When she was sure the Quaffle would go into the goal Ivy was about ready to launch the Quaffle when suddenly she heard someone shout her name.

"IVY WATCH OUT! BEHIND YOU!" she heard Ginny scream as she turned around to see what all the fuss was about. Right as she realized what was happening she saw a Bludger heading straight her way as Blaise had just hit it towards her. Before she could react she heard her broom snap and looked down to see the Bludger had broken her broom in half. Looking around in horror for a way to stop herself from falling Ivy couldn't even comprehend that she was slowly slipping off her broom until she felt herself start to fall.

As Ivy fell she knew she was about the die, she just knew it. Ivy had been way too high up in the air to survive the fall and as the wind hit her face and blew her hair in all different directions she started to feel a little light-headed. Nearing the ground Ivy thought that she had been falling for hours, it felt endless. She knew what would be the fate of her and Ivy just wanted it to be over with, she didn't want to be falling anymore. Becoming more and more dizzy Ivy felt herself start to slip into an unconscious state. But before she could be fully submerged into the darkness Ivy felt two strong arms wrap themselves around her small body. Thinking that an angel was here to greet her into heaven Ivy let the darkness take over. Slowly she let herself start to fade, her body, her thoughts, her worries, everything began to feel just numb. Falling deeper and deeper into the darkness Ivy let it consume her as the last thing she heard was a very distant voice telling her that everything would be ok.