east of eden | (g)i-dle

DEDICATION

this work is dedicated to all of you who see the world differently, to the voices who refuse to be silenced. to the people who are bold enough to question humanity. and finally, to everyone who is reading this. you are all my inspirations.

༻ ༒ ༺

IN THE BEGINNING

adam and eve had their first two sons, cain and abel. the brothers gave sacrifices to God, each of his own produce, but God favored abel's sacrifice over cain's. out of jealousy, cain murdered abel. God punished cain to wander forever in the land of nod.

to this day, no one really knows where the land of nod is. some speculate that the land of nod is where the humans dwell, while others think it is a place where wanderers can meet, the gap between civilizations.

however, one thing is certain. this land was also known as the land east of eden.

༻ ༒ ༺

PLAYLIST

i. oh my god • (g)i-dle

ii. eight • iu (prod. & ft. suga)

iii. sunrise • ateez

iv. kingdom come • red velvet

v. don't cry for me • ailee & sleeq

vi. red thread • oneus

༻ ༒ ༺

PREFACE

i know this sounds extremely cliché, but the idea for this work came to me on a stormy night.

i always had an infatuation with mythology from different cultures and backgrounds which started since i was a young child. this love for lore grew as i grew older, and studying legends and beliefs became one of my favorite pastimes, a hobby that whisked me away from the walks of daily life and brought me comfort.

on that fateful night, i was scrolling down a few websites on the biblical perspective on the afterlife when i stumbled on an inconspicuous looking page about lilith and her significance in literature in the past as well as her stand on independence, which led me to wonder: why were independent women so under shadowed in myths? i didn't give this question much thought, however, until (g)i-dle released the music video for the title track of the album 'i trust', entitled 'oh my god'.

i was stunned by the music video. the sets, the roles they played and the lore captured my heart. i immediately told myself upon finishing the music video that i was going to "write the hell out of this storyline".

which is how i wound up with this mess of a (g)i-dle fanfiction, with a majority of the leaders being female.

this work started off entitled 'oh my god', like the title of the song, but i decided to change it about 20 parts in because i felt that the original title didn't do the work enough justice. besides, i wanted to show some individuality. although the plot is loosely taken from that of the music video, i wanted to show that this work could stand on its own.

i think i'm rambling too much on a topic that you all aren't interested in, so i'll stop here. i appreciate all the support i'm receiving for this work.

finally, thank you to the close friends with whom i spent hours with, asking them question after question and wanting their opinion on any little plot change i made. you are the realest angels in my life.

༻ ༒ ༺

DISCLAIMER

trigger warnings will be included at the beginning of each part.

there are characters from kpop entertainment groups other than (g)i-dle which play important roles in this work. any hate towards them or any (g)i-dle members will be deleted.

the characters from this work are all real people. however, their actions in this work are not. this work should not affect your views on these people and their music in any way.

this work includes the author's interpretation of biblical locations and deities.

all rights reserved.

no part of this work may be reproduced, scanned, stored in a retrieval system, or distributed, in any form or by any means, without permission. please do not participate in or encourage piracy of copyrighted materials in violation of the author's rights.

plagiarism will not be tolerated.

© BLUEHYCKS 2020