2

TW's:
-Mentions death family member

'Really?' I asked. I blushed slightly. 'You really don't have to.'

'Of course I have to. I'm not letting you walk to the hospital with a broken wrist.'

'But-.'

'No, nothing but. Come, we will go to the principal and I'll call my dad to bring us.'

'Really?'

'Yeah.'

'Thanks.'

'No problem. Wait, let me call my dad.'

I nodded. He grabbed his phone and I saw him typing in some numbers. Probably his dads phone number.

'Hey dad, can you pick me and a friend up?'

A friend? He saw me as a friend? How?

'He broke his wrist. Yeah. He needs to go to the hospital, but he has no one to bring him there. Okay, thanks. See you.'

He hung up and looked at me. It made me blush immediately.

'Do you want to wait here or can you come with me to the principal?'

'I can come with you, I'm scared that Michel will come back.'

'He knows me. I've hit him before.'

I smiled a little. I felt a little lightheaded and nauseous of the pain.

'Are you okay?'

I shrugged. 'I have a lot of pain.'

'I understand, my dad will be here in a few minutes.'

'What about your classes and friends? And girlfriend I guess.'

'I don't mind. Hello, I have a life next to them.'

'Your girlfriend is pretty,' I said. 'Not that I want to steal her or whatever.'

He grinned. 'Thanks.'

'How long do you guys have something together.'

He shrugged. 'A few months, I guess.'

'Sorry.'

'Why?'

'Asking about it. You look uncomfortably.'

'Okay, mister Sherlock Holmes. Yeah, I might break up with her.'

'Oh, I'm so sorry.'

'It's fine. She has been a little toxic lately.'

'Oh.' I watched my feet, not knowing what to say. I couldn't say I felt really bad. I was a little jealous he was in a relationship in the first place. I couldn't tell why. I looked up and saw Clay smiling. 'It's fine. We are at the principal.'

I nodded, Clay knocked and we walked in.

'Clay, what is it this time? Did you break anything again? Did you swear at your teacher? Didn't you do your homework?'

'He needs to go to the hospital and he has no one, so I'm bringing him there. No need to directly accuse me. I know I'm here a lot, but this time I did nothing bad.'

'Oh, that's generous of you. What happened?'

'Oh, that stupid dick Michel pushed him.'

'Oh, I will have a conversation with him. Now, go. And Clay, you really need to watch your language.'

Clay rolled his eyes and turned around, sticking his tongue out. 'Fine, sir.'

I giggled a little.

'Clay, you also were absent yesterday. In your detention.'

'Oh, I'm so sorry, I thought that was today, well too bad. I'm gone. We discuss this subject later, I have way more important things to do.'

We walked away and went outside to wait for Clays dad. He arrived five minutes later. I nodded at him, I didn't shake his hand, every movement hurt.

'What's your name? I have never seen you,' Clays dad asked.

'I'm George,' I said.

'Oh, George. Clay has talked about you before.'

I blushed and looked at Clay. He blushed too. 'Dad, shut up.'

I smiled and felt a little special. Clay talked about me? I was even surprised he knew my name.

'Sorry. I will try and drive as slowly as possible, I took some painkillers from home, take them.'

'Thanks.'

'What happened?'

'Oh uh- I just fell.'

'George?' Clay asked confused. 'You didn't just fall.'

'I just don't want to complain.'

'Complain? You don't complain. Michel is an arse.'

'Clay, don't swear.'

'Sorry, but still. You should fight back. He can't get away with this.'

'Oh, do you want your hoodie back?' I asked.

'Oh, give it me another time. I got your hoodie in my bag. Is that hoodie important for you?' he asked me whilst helping me in the car.

I nodded. 'It's from my dad.'

'Do you not see him anymore?'

I watched my knees and sighed softly. 'Uh- he died.'

'Oh gosh, I'm so sorry.'

'It's okay.'

'Do you want to talk about it?'

I looked up surprised. 'Really?'

'Yes, of course. Tell me what you want.'

'He had cancer, stage 4. He died within 2 weeks. My mum doesn't have enough money so she works at least 15 hours a day.'

Clay grabbed my hand and I blushed immediately. 'That must be very difficult.'

'That's why she can't drive me to the hospital. Sorry, I shouldn't have told this. I never told anyone and we never talked before. Sorry.'

'It's fine, George. You need to talk about it instead of just bottling up your feelings.'

'My mum doesn't know I get bullied,' I whispered. 'She would feel so bad and she is already depressed.'

'This must be really difficult, George.'

'I try and help her as much as possible, but I just can't. I have so much homework and school is already so difficult. I have to clean the house and all stuff like that.'

'My parents got a divorce and I know the feeling. I've tried helping my dad for so long, but at one point I was breaking. Luckily we got help. George, if you need help once, let me help you. I can clean for you.'

'No, you have to focus on school.'

'Oh, don't worry, I won't. I'm highly intelligent, I never pay attention and I can do it.'

I smiled. 'That must be nice.'

'Sometimes, but it's boring for me though.'

'We are at the hospital,' Clays dad said.

Clay helped me step out of the car and we walked to the hospital.

We walked out again an hour later. My arm had a cast for at least four weeks and Clay brought me home.

I just spent a day with the most popular guy and he thought I was kind.

1002 words