12

TW's:
-None :)))

It was a few weeks later. Clay and I chilled very often and my mum got the job. Today was the first day she was going to start. She had to work the whole day, but was back home before dinner.

Clay and I were chilling again today and we decided to walk through London. Clay wanted to go into the London Eye for once.

'Have you ever been in the London Eye?'

I shook my head. 'Never. You?'

'Me neither. Hopefully it's not extremely busy.'

'I hope so too.'

'Otherwise we just claim the bench.'

I grinned. 'Sure.'

We walked to the London Eye and I was very confused when I saw no one.

'Huh, there is no one here,' Clay said confused.

'It's cold, I guess. Maybe that's why.'

He shrugged. 'I don't know, come let's go.'

We walked to the entrance and showed them our already bought ticket. Apparently no one else booked a ticket at this time.

'Go in boys, the ride will last around thirty minutes.'

'Okay,' Clay answered. We walked in and sat down on the bench.

'George?'

I nodded.

'I'm a little afraid of heights.'

'Aww, do I need to protect you?'

'Please.'

I wrapped my arm around his shoulders and pulled him close.

'Thanks.'

'Does this calm you down a little? Why did you want to go in here if you are scared?'

'I wanted to surprise you and actually ask you something in a more special way.'

'What do you mean? What are you going to ask or do?'

'That's a secret for now.'

I grinned. 'Alright then, keep your secrets.'

'You will know soon, I just need to find something first.'

'Find something?'

'My courage.'

I started laughing and he laughed with me. His laughter ended in wheezing and it seemed like he was dying. He was clearly nervous, so he was just laughing it off a little. I didn't know why, I actually had no idea what was about to happen. All I knew is that he was extremely cute when he was scared and nervous. I was planning on telling my mum I'm gay tonight when we are both at home.

The last weeks my feelings kept growing and I developed a big crush on Clay. After we almost kissed we haven't been at his place anymore. He was very ashamed of his sister, I think. We didn't talk about it, we actually purposely ignored it. I didn't know how to feel. Did he like me too? Or was it just the moment? Did he even want to kiss me? He got so mad when his sister said we kissed, it made me feel like he was ashamed of me. I knew he wasn't, but still.

I was thinking about it often. If he actually was going to kiss me, did that mean he liked me too? There was no way. His dad might suspect him to be gay or bisexual, but I couldn't believe it. And even if he was, he would never like me. I noticed I was constantly staring down at the floor and looked up.

'Are you okay?' Clay asked.

'Yeah, I was just thinking about something.'

'What?'

'Uh- nothing.'

'You can tell me, it seems to cause stress.'

'Well, it's a little awkward.'

'I'm your best friend, I don't mind how awkward it is.'

'But it's not only about me.'

'About who else?'

'You.'

'Did I do something wrong?'

'No, not at all. It's just uh-.'

'You can tell me. I prefer to know actually.'

'Clay, I figured something out. This part has nothing or I guess- that doesn't matter. I think the bullies were right.'

'About what?'

'I think I'm actually gay, Clay.'

'Really?' He sounded enthusiastic.

'Yeah. But that's not it.'

'What's wrong then?'

'You know the day we almost kissed? I know we didn't talk about it, but we both know we were about to kiss. I know we would bring this subject up someday, but I'm so scared.'

'About what?'

'I didn't dare telling you I am gay, because you would feel so awkward if you knew you almost kissed a gay guy. Well, you didn't kiss me, but I'm sorry. You might feel so awkward now. Why did I even bring this up? I am so dumb. Well, I'm gay. Sorry for making you uncomfortable.'

'You're not dumb, but at this moment you are.'

'Oh, sorry.'

'George, why do you think I feel uncomfortable?'

'Because I'm gay.'

'Why do you think I almost kissed you?'

'I don't know, maybe it was just the moment or something.'

'George, think.'

'I don't know.'

'Because I like you, idiot. I'm bisexual.'

'You like me?'

'Yes, I do.'

'As more than friends?'

'George, I don't kiss my friends.'

'Technically we didn't kiss.'

'I can change that,' he said smirking.

I directly started blushing. I didn't even realise what he was saying till now. He is bisexual and he likes ME? What? I didn't even tell him I like him too. Was I so obvious or something? But what? Was he about to kiss me? I was suddenly so confused. Was I about to kiss him? Was this really happening?

'Do you also want to change that, George?' he asked. He still slightly smirked, but the blush on his face was clearly visible. We stared at each other. Could it be even more romantic? Standing in the London Eye, on the top, together. He grabbed my hand and lifted me up. We stood up and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

'Are you ready to redo that day?' he whispered.

I nodded heavily. 'More than anything.'

I was getting so extremely hot. We stared at each other and I could see the world behind him. I was at the highest point with the best person. And the best part. We were about to kiss. I saw him leaning in, my stomach flipped fifteen times and butterflies went completely crazy. Before I knew I felt soft lips touching mine.

1006 words