6

TW's:
-Mentions divorce and death family member

I got brought home by Clays dad and I directly laid down on the couch. I took my medication and fell asleep. When I woke up hours later, I sat up. My shin was hurting and it was getting pretty blue. I rolled to my side and looked around me. I had so much to do. I had to clean the house, but with my wrist it would take me at least 3 to 4 hours. I sat up and stood up. It was better to begin right away.

I then heard the door opening up and I turned around. 'Oh, Clay. I forgot.'

He smiled. 'How are you?'

'Very tired. I have to clean the house.'

'No way, we are chilling together and I will clean it for you later.'

'No, I can't accept that.'

'Too bad for you. So what do you want to do?'

'I like Minecraft. I only haven't played it in months because I'm always busy.'

'Let's play Minecraft then. I have it downloaded on my school laptop, so I can play with you.'

We went upstairs and I showed him my room. 'It's not too big, but big enough.'

'It's chill.'

We sat down and I turned my PC on. 'Oh,' I whispered.

'What's wrong?'

'I uh- kind of forgot I can't play.'

'Oh, with the cast of course.'

'Can you play on my PC, so I can watch?'

'Sure.'

'You might have to change all the keys, I'm left handed so I have weird keys.'

'It's fine. I can also play on my laptop?'

'No, don't. It's fine.'

Clay changed my keys and started playing. I watched him and he was surprisingly good.

'You're really good,' I said.

'Thanks, bet you are better.'

'I'm not.'

'Don't be so insecure.'

'Meh.'

'Why are you this insecure, George?'

'Bullying. I have been bullied almost my whole life.'

'Why?'

'I don't know. They think I'm ugly, fat and whatever.'

'Ugly and fat?' Clay exclaimed.

'They are right.'

Clay stood up and looked mad. 'Dude, you're like so thin and handsome.'

I blushed and so did he. 'Thanks, but no.'

'You're not ugly.' He sat down again. He didn't dare making eye contact with me again.

'Are you actually so tough as you act like in school?' I asked.

He shook his head. 'No, but you're the first to see through it.'

'Why do you act different?'

'I'm afraid.'

'For what?'

'To be lonely again.'

'Again?'

'When my mum left I haven't talked to anyone for weeks. I felt so extremely alone when she left, I never want to feel like that ever again.'