Part #14

(YN) jupmed down from the ship. His jacket is now clean. Others walked down using stairs and everyone have him a weird look. He shrugged and fixed his backpack strap following his group. And immediatly he recognized the old japanese architecture, and the absurd amount of sakura trees that were blooming all year long. He sighed and proceeded to walk. This city had no guards, at all. No one has searched them or even asked who the hell they are. When they asked about it Kohako replied.

Kohako : Think about it. Here Mamono and Humans live together in harmony-

Arthur : Are you sure about that?

Kohako : -_- ... As i was saying. In Zipangu rape and kidnapping are forbidden. And Imperial are tied with the defence of Lescatie... A-and...

She said and started to tear up. Arthur did not react. Michelle was bewildered, but (YN) felt as if his non-existent heart was torn apart. (YN) didnt think of anything better than a hug. So he hugged her.

(YN) : Arthur where do we have to go?

Arthur : Well first we have to go and have our... Supplies sorted out.

Scene change...

While Kohako was calming down, Arthur told him about the reclamation of Lescatie. It was the bloodiest war in the history of this world, even worse than those of the old. Turns out one of her relatives was injured during this siege or something. (YN) had nothing to say. On one hand, imperials massacred a country worth of peolpe, on the other hand Lescatie was a kingdom that belonged to humans and was taken from them by mamono. So technically humans had all the right, but his non existent heart twisted seeing her like that. He is not in love with her  no, no its just sad. Michelle only shrugged and said that she knew that and someone called Druella had it coming.
Arthur on the other hand was proud to say that one of his ancestors was taking part in the final siege, alongside the Uncrowned Emperor himself. (YN) sighed, and noticed that Kohako was calm now. He put her on bed in her room, and went back to where he would be sleeping. He then asked Arthur about the Uncrowned Emperor.

Arthur : The earliest records that mention him say that he was recruited two years before the fall of Lescatie. In these two years he has managed to ascend to the rank of a paladin and was viewed as one of heroes. Most of his past before the fall is obscured and hidden, peolpe speculate that it was one of his measures to escape being targted by a powerful mamono. Spoiler, it didnt help. He manage to retreat from Lescatie to the town near northern borders of Lescatie, Fritdol. Then he has managed to hold it for a substantional amount of time, allowing force that have evacuated before to regroup and prepare. Since then he was nominated by the high priests of Order as the Great Marshall of Order and he has held the border after that. But then he has noticed that nothings changed. The decayed rotten ways of Old Lescatie were still corrupting even the Highest echelons of Order. So then he has uprooted the Order and Nobility and has united the scattered remnatns of Humanity into a functioning warmachine. He have gathered the Dwarves, Elves and Humans and built the Empire from the ground up. He has reclaimed what we have lost and taught us everything we know, and has changed the way of warfare forever. The Last Paladin, the Uncrowned Emperor, our glorious ruler, beloved by all. To willingly betray the values he and countless of others has paid for with their blood, is the worst crime among crimes.

(YN) : I, i understand. I just cant bring myself up to kill... Arthur how do i do that?

Arthur : I dont know honestly. Not everyone is a natural at this and i am definetly not.

He put his hand on (YN)'s shoulder. And smiled.

Arthur : But when the time comes, i believe you will make the right choice. I dont enjoy it either.

(YN) : Thank you...

Then he looked down and suddenly broke into a fit of laughter, it wasnt a happy laugh. He then stopped and put his hand away from (YN)'s shoulder.

Arthur : *chuckles* You, you know, how much i actually pity them. Look at us, me who has charged into a suicidal mission, and you who has followed me in an attempt to somehow avenge your kind, by our choice, by our will. And these creatures?

He made a hand gesture, pointing it towards the open window.

Arthur : They dont do anything on their will. As if a broken automata made by your kind, they repeat the same thing and the same action. Repeating the mantra of peace, love and lust... To give up everything, forget everyone you saw as important person and just fuck, all day everyday.
Disgusting creatures, the little utopia the Demon Lord dreams of is nothing but a bed of lies. These foolish puppets with no will or opinion whatsoever do not think of anything else... They only do what they are good at, cyclops forge things without knowing what smithing  is about, because that is their role as monsters, wild monsters are cannon fodder, and high monsters are generals, though their tactis could use an improvement....

(YN) : I dont know what to say... Buy if you need to vent, just say it i can hear you anytime.

Arthur : Youre a good man (YN), thanks you. I will go to sleep, and i suggest you to go rest as well since there are no fireplaces in Zipangan houses. Good night. He said as he retreated into his section of the house.

(YN) sighed. This Uncorwned Emperor guy sounds very over exaggerated.
But its not the time for him to ponder, he could understand why humans and other pure races were fighting. He should sleep now, but first.

(YN) : "Keeper, Anubis are you here?"

Anubis : "I never left, though i do not sence his grace's presence yet..."

(YN) : "Do you think that this Uncrowned Emperor guy is real?"

Anubis : "I mean, the legend itself certainly could not come out from nowhere..."

Keeper : "He is real. He was a reincarnated individual, like you."

(YN) : "Oh, thats cool... I suppose..."

Keeper : I did not sent him here, Creator did.

Anubis : "Creator!? That is her fault in the first place!"

Keeper : "Yes, yes i know. So just you know (YN), soon a decisive battle will happen. You will have to kill, maybe more than once."

(YN) : "I, i understand. Thanks Keeper."

Keeper : "That is nothing, keep following your purpose and remember you will be rewarded. Goodnight."

(YN) : "Wait!"

Keeper : "Huh?"

(YN) : "Maybe you should give Anubis a powerup or protection or something? I mean he is not exactly in his tip top shape right now..."

Keeper : "I will see what i can do. Goodbye now."

Anubis : "I am grateful for your suggestion (YN) but i beg you, i BEG you to consider your words when speaking to his grace."

(YN) : "I wasnt rude, was i?"

Anubis : "Its not that! You have no idea what is he capable of, so please think before talking."

(YN) : "Fine, you know i feel tired after todays revelations, i gonna sleep. Goodnight Anubis..."

Anubis : "Goodnight, Chosen of Soulstream..."