The Night Flyer

Hi, so this is the first chapter, it might start out a little weird and bad but don't worry it gets better. I hope you understand what's going on. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer them as best I can. Enjoy! (Characters, places and everything really belong to JK Rowling and Warner Bros. Except for any OCs)

Future Author (edit): yeah so... these first few chapters are really uh... *laughs in shit writing* I honestly have no clue what I'm doing but parts in these were just especially awful. Not exactly the writing skills (ok, the writing skills as well) but just the events were pretty *gags*. I do improve (do I? I think I do), don't worry. I am honestly embarrassed by this one... but they are necessary I guess.

———————

———————

The silence was overwhelming, "coward," it made her ears ring. Her mind was blank but she kept walking. She could hear a voice in her head, "poor little Ginny Weasley" a whisper, calm and soothing. "Open the door... they deserve it, all of them." Her footsteps on cold tiles felt distant not near. The girl was lost in a trance, "no one cares about you." She could do nothing but what he told her. "Except for me." She struggled for a moment before the slimy, disgusting words left her mouth without her consent. "I am the one true heir, open this door so I may release the beast within." She didn't want to say it. "I care about poor, pathetic, little, Ginny Weasley." That was something she could be sure of, but he had control, she couldn't stop him. "Shy, nervous, ugly, small,"  it wasn't as if she hadn't tried. She wanted to throw that despicable book in the fireplace in the common room but that voice... "little, Ginny, Weasley," He was so kind, so understanding and she was just so... so... so "weak" and... and... "pathetic!"

Ginny Weasley sat up in bed, gasping for breath. The hairs on her arms prickled, goose bumps appearing on the cold sweaty skin. She looked out the window, the sun still wasn't quite up but golden light was slowly appearing on the horizon. She swallowed down the lump in her throat and brushed roughly across her eyes, getting rid of the tears welling up inside them. Ginny Weasley was not a crier. She took a deep shuddering breath, her eyes shut for a moment. Briefly reliving the horrors of her nightmare before getting out of bed. 

It had been like this for months. The same, or similar dream. Some ending in her death. Some in the death of others, those were the ones she hated most. Her family believed she was handling the whole ordeal of the previous year spectacularly. Although, they didn't know about the nightmares. She slipped on a tank top, pulled on some shorts and stuffed her feet into her sneakers. One of the perks of being the only girl meant her clothes had been through less people (and less boys).

Her mum may have thought she was doing well but that didn't stop her from being concerned. She organised regular meetings with Professor Dumbledore and made arrangements with people from the ministry to come "talk to you about what happened". It was like she was a part of the freak show! "Come one, come all! New attraction! Little Miss Ginny Weasley! She may look small but she's been through trauma like no other! Possessed by you know who himself! Just 5 galleons!" 

Ginny shook those thoughts from her mind. She grabbed a hair tie and slipped out her bedroom door. The girl listened carefully for a moment. She couldn't hear her mum downstairs. Coast was clear. Ginny crept swiftly across the hall and down the stairs. She dodged squeaky floorboards and slid down the final banister with ease. Ginny quickly slipped out the back door and raced down to the make-shift Quidditch pitch. Judging by the sun, she had about an hour before her mum would get up to start cooking breakfast. She needed to collect eggs for breakfast too, so this had to be quick. 

The red head jumped up onto the rotting fence and climbed quietly onto the tin roof of the broom shed hoping to not make too much noise. She pushed the loose bit of tin out of the way and slipped down into the shed through the gap. Ginny felt around in the dark before finding the door handle and pushing the heavy latch off. She opened the door with a grin. "Piece of cake". She looked over the brooms carefully before deciding it was Fred's turn and picking up the clean sweep model. She soared into the air letting out a quiet whoop of joy. 

Ginny flew high in the air, circling the burrow's make shift quidditch pitch several times before ducking down low to grab a quaffle from the ground. She began to practice her scoring. Eventually she became tired of that and decided to try out some complicated manoeuvres she read about in seeker weekly. She knew she probably shouldn't without somewhere there in case something happened... but she couldn't resist. It was a few hours later that she finally returned to the ground. The sun was now well up, her mother would be up any minute now. "Crap!"

Ginny quickly chucked the broom back in the shed. She locked the door and climbed back out through the gap in the roof, she secured the loose tin and jumped off the shed. Ginny dashed across the pitch and around the back of the garden to the chicken coop. She snatched the straw basket laying, discarded on the floor, filled it with hay and began to hastily collect eggs. She could hear Mrs Weasley pottering (pottering? Yah get it? Potter-ing, sorry.) about in the kitchen. When she was done she let the chickens out into the garden for their morning run and hurried back inside. "Morning mum, I've got the eggs for breakfast." Ginny placed the basket on the counter. "Thank you Ginny, dear." 

Ginny was about to head back upstairs for a shower when her mother added. "And I hope you remember that Tonks is coming today." "Tonks? Who's tonks?" She asked. Mrs Weasley took the bacon she was frying off the stove and put her hands on her hips. "Nymphadora Tonks." Ginny stared at her blankly and blinked. Her mum sighed exasperatedly. "Ginny, she's an auror from the ministry, she's just coming to talk to you. I told you this last week!" She returned to the bacon when Ginny nodded dumbly. She turned to go upstairs and grumbled, just quiet enough so her mum wouldn't hear. "Another one to try and tell me what's happened is a good thing and builds character and that it's ok to cry and talk to people about my experiences. Yeah, nice try Kingsley."