E-Handbook {~Danganronpa~}

The Electronic Student Handbook, or e-Handbook for short, known as Monopad in Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, is an object featured in the Danganronpa series. It's a digital handbook used by the students of Hope's Peak Academy and the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles.

Functionality

The e-Handbook functions as a digital record of many things, such as the rules of the school, the name, and gender of the student who owns it, a map of the school, and so on.

Student ID

Every e-Handbook has the full true name and gender of the student who owns it. This function of the e-Handbook has come up a few times in Class Trials to figure out the Blackened as important evidence. Such as Celestia Ludenberg's true name (Taeko Yasuhiro) and Chihiro Fujisaki's gender in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.

School Regulations

Each e-Handbook has a list of the School Regulations given by the Headmaster of that time. Most of the Regulations were placed there by Jin Kirigiri (and previous Headmasters presumably) but after Hope's Peak Academy is taken over by the Mastermind for the Killing School Life, it is Monokuma who begins to add them.

To note, however, in Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, A.I. Junko Enoshima states she couldn't remove Regulations no matter how hard she tried due to the Neo World Program's coding. She could only add them.

Truth Bullets

Records for all Truth Bullets are kept in the e-Handbook for every case. The player may go through and read details on each one. Truth Bullets can also be updated.

Other Functions

Within Hope's Peak Academy the e-Handbooks can be used to access doors around the school. You need to swipe your e-Handbook over the card reader. You need a male student's handbook for the boys' locker and a female student's handbook for the girls. It is not possible for two people to enter at the same time. Additionally, lending someone your e-Handbook is a violation of the school regulation.

In Danganronpa 2 there an additional feature of virtual pets.

The Headmaster's e-Handbook

The Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy has a special e-Handbook that is entirely limitless with what it can access. It can access any and all doors within the school. This handbook is found by Kyoko Kirigiri and Makoto Naegi in the headmasters' private room.

Durability

According to Monokuma, there is no way to break an e-Handbook, as they are waterproof and could survive a huge amount of damage and won't have a single scratch. However as later discovered there is only one way to break one, and that is to expose it to a high temperature for an extended period of time where it will break and become completely unusable. (As proved by Mondo Owada in the second chapter/trial in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.)