~CHAPTER EIGHT: The Quest Begins.~

The mission begins now, instead of expecting the unexpected, we actually expected the expected just like how the cave monitor predicted, we saw giant sauropods, they were as big and large as two cargo ships straightened up, They were so huge that Banana trees would look like giant roses to them from their heights.

      Even though  they traveled in herds, it was not that difficult to pass in between them but we managed to keep a safe distance from them to avoid being trampled on, They were magnificent and graceful and most importantly they were herbivores. Their neck was so long that it was about eight times as long as a giraffe's neck, the neck was fifteen metres long.

    We could see the farm from afar, but we didn't forget the other warning which involves the flying reptiles that includes mostly pterodactyls and there also the Quetzalcoatlus, Anurognathus and so on. The Quetzalcoatlus was as big as a small, one engine plane, they eat mostly fish and small sea Creatures, so they were no problem to us but we still hid under huge canopy plants.
     It was so quiet that we started talking :

Maricelle: So...Violet, what were you like back home? (she smiled).

Me: oh...me, you know, just an average teen girl with after school curriculars but not since we moved and lots of books but not a nerd, I assure you and I also have time for fashion.(I twirled around and we all laughed).

Adam: you're way better than a nerd beautiful (He gave me a playful wink and I smiled widely).

Maricelle: Oh my God ADAM?!

Anna: You never stop,do you?(she smiled).

Adam: Nope!(he smirked).

Anna: hmm...Vi, can I ask a question? 

Me: you just did, what's up?

Anna: How did you get your violet coloured hair, did you dye it or what?, it's simply stylishly fabulous (she went closer and stroked my hair playfully).

Me: (I giggled).

Isabel: yeah, I've been meaning to ask you the same question too.

Me: OK. My mum said I was born with it and I've seen it in all my birth and baby albums and videos. She said I'm special, and the doctors said the same thing, So I've always loved it and it's pretty much my colour. (I swayed my hair backwards in an elegant and stylish fashion like a model).

Ana and marie: That is so cool.

Isabel: It totally fits you.(she threw her arms on my shoulders and we both laughed).

Conner: It matches your eyes (He said softly and glanced at me charmingly).

Me: Thanks Conner. Thanks guys.

Adam: Look guys...(he pointed). There is the farm.
     (We all sighed -relieved).

Me: But the fun is not over yet, remember we still have the Hadrosaurs.

     We approached the farm, but the obstacles were piling up, we heard honking from afar, but we didn't where it was coming from because we were surrounded by plants like giant palm trees, huge magnolias, fruit bushes and other large strange plants. So we hurriedly filled our bags and backpacks with fruits because we could hear a stampede.

I was about to pick Cera when I saw that she had grown to a medium sized elephant, she was big. I was surprised because I lost track of her growth several hours ago.

We began to panic because we didn't even know the direction of the Claw Mountain, so I chipped in :

Me: Guys, I have a plan...(They paid immediate attention).

Isabel: Better make it quick (she glanced back briefly).

Me: I think Cera is big enough to ride (i patted her head) I'll lead the Hadrosaurs to the field of magnolias and berry bushes, they are not far from here, you guys should head forward, you'll see the peak of the mountain.

Conner: (He moved closer to me and said in a worried voice) will you be okay? (He held my hands).

Me: (He tapped his hands) I'll be fine.
(The honking grew louder) you guys should go. I'll meet you at the base of the mountain.

Isabel: Be careful (They went away).

     I climbed Cera and ran towards the honking Hadrosaurs and held up a big evergreen plant and yelled "COME AND GET IT!", they ran towards me and Cera ran towards the field and they followed me so I threw the plant into the field and they followed it

    "phew! I had no idea that it'll work"

Cera growled at me "what!? Let's head to the base, girl".

     We arrived at the baseof the mountain and I could tell that the others were relieved, so we headed to the top of the mountain and we were swift in our steps to avoid any more obstacles.

    We reached the top of the Claw mountain but someone already beat us to it, We saw a mother Caudipteryx nesting in the middle of the mountain. The Caudipteryx is a fast running feathered carnivore. It is like a raptor but it is covered with feathers.

     We saw the gems, there were of different colors in small basket, they sparkled and glimmered and shimmered, I just felt like putting them around my neck and walking on an international runway. There were about ten in the basket.

      Immediately we sighted the reptile, we hid behind a huge rock and we started to come up with plans.

Me: What are going to do now!? (I whispered in fear).

Isabel: I have no idea (she also whispered).

Me: Guys? (I look towards Anabelle and Maricelle)

Anna and Marie: No idea, sorry!

Me: Oh jeez! (I rubbed my hand on my forehead as I became worried).

Adam: I have an idea.

Me: Oh, Thank God (I was relieved).

Isabel: I hope it's not a joke. (she folded her arms and leaned backwards and raised an eyebrow).

Adam: No, I'm serious. Who still have the big Dino berry (Marie brought out the berry from her bag).

Maricelle: I do (she gave him).

Adam: OK, I'll take this fruit and use it to distract the reptile, then when it's close enough, while you guys take the gems, I'll throw it down and you guys head to the Triassic Kingdom, I'll catch up.

     We all looked at him -surprised- because this is the brightest thing he has ever come up with.

Isabel: wow, that was smart. (She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him) Please be careful.

Adam: (He blushed and pushed her gently)Thanks, so get going.

     We all nodded, He took the fruit and yelled
    "Hey! Caudipteryx, you want it, come and get it",
   He ran and the reptile followed him, while he was distracting the reptile, Conner ran to the nest and grabbed basket and signalled to Adam and he threw the fruit down and the Caudipteryx followed it.
He met us ahead, so I climbed Cera and we all headed to the Triassic Kingdom.