A Long Time No See

"I know Bjorn. Hello, Bjorn." Bjorn didn't seem to like the woman as he watched me while rolling his eyes. Bjorn and I became pretty close the moment at the temple and I had taught him much with a sword before I stayed behind with Rollo and Borg so he didn't mind to show how he thought about Aslaug.

"You must have had a tiring journey. Come and eat."

"Thank you. You're very kind. I knew you would be." We were escorted towards the feast and I was afraid how this triangle would end.

~~~

It has been 4 years since Princess Aslaug arrived and it didn't seem that delightful for Lagertha and Bjorn. They had left after Ragnar made his choice between the two women and honestly, I had no idea why he choice Princess Aslaug. I always had a liking towards Lagertha more because she was stronger and more friendly, but hell it wasn't my choice to make. In the meantime of Ragnar growing more in love with Alsaug, Rollo rather filled his days with becoming drunk and freezing himself until he was almost dead. I almost felt pity for him, but most of the time I reminded myself that it was his choice to turn his back on his real people, besides, he still had someone that looked after him to keep him alive.

It was time for Rollo to grow the hell up and create a better life with Siggy, because I felt like he was ignoring her. Walking down the busy streets, even though it was already dark, I noticed the news that Jarl Borg and King Horik had joined us in Kattegat so I immediately walked inside the building they had to be in. Pushing the fabric away from the entrance I could see all my friends dancing and drinking. Laughing to myself, I grabbed a cup from one of the already drunk men and drank from it while dropping myself next to Ragnar. It seemed that maybe Rollo did grow up and had took a seat.

There was no denial in the fact that there was an big tension between the two brothers and I was planning to break it by giving the blue eyed one a elbow in the rib cage to get his attention.

"Ahh... Njorun!" He groaned in pain, but a delightful tone was also hearable in his voice when his eyes lit up a bit. "You are late!"

"Maybe because I didn't know any of this was planned..." I narrowed my eyes and stared right through Ragnar.

"Ahh, yes... sorry, you seemed busy when I had sent the message so I thought, why not let you do your thing." I furrowed my eyebrows and let my mind trail back to the afternoon, the time I was shooting for fun in the already snowy forest to be exact. "Your bow skills are still impressive by the way."

"Much obliged." I tried to show some friendliness by and flashed a smile his way, but he quickly turned his head around to deadly stare at King Horik.

"I have also slain dragons.. just like your father. Unfortunately, like most men, the dragons were only inside my head-..." I hadn't understood much from the conversation, but knew Ragnar became a bit annoyed so he started to talk to one of the King's sons.

"How old are you, Ari?" The young man looked shocked up and swallowed a bit, not believing Ragnar was talking to him.

"Seventeen. Nearly eighteen."

"Will this be your first raid?"

"Yes. I can't wait to prove myself in battle." The son sighed, probably disappointed that he would raid for the first time on this old' age. "I want my father to be proud of me."

"I have a son about your age." Ragnar spoke through his teeth while he narrowed his eyes.

"Where is he? I would like to meet him." The young son cut him off and Ragnar rolled his eyes before staring at me. One way or another there would come a day that Ragnar would stop feel guilty for letting Bjorn and Lagertha go, but that time wouldn't come any time soon if I looked inside his sad eyes.

"I do not know where he is. That is by his choice. I should never have mentioned him. Drink." Both men laughed at one another before taking the cup in their hands to take a big sip out of it, but I knew Ragnar was faking it all. The smile, the happiness, the fame. He hated it all. He had loser everything because of it. His daughter, his former wife, his son. Meanwhile I was overthinking everything, I noticed Ragnar and Horik whisper and I managed to listen with them.

"I have made a decision. I do not wish Jarl Borg to raid with us." Ragnar couldn't take his eyes of the king, mad and confused about the decision.

"But we had an agreement. Why not?"

"Why do you not want your brother beside you? Because you don't trust him enough. It is the same for me with Jarl Borg. I cannot bring myself to trust him completely. You must inform him of our decision." I had dug my nails into my flesh leaving half moon prints in my skin after hearing the betrayer talk and unconsciously I slammed my bleeding hands onto the table which made everybody look up to me before I took my leaving.