Her First Words

They were all in the training grounds, even Katherine. Gwaine was at last fully healed, so he had to train too, but since they knew her secret already, he had no problem with them taking turns to take care of her while training.

After training, they all decided to play a little with her, so they sat on the floor and put the baby, who already knew how to crawl, down. She went from her dad straight to Leon, sat in front of him and started babbling, as if she were talking to him. She probably was.

-Oh, yeah? Well, that's interesting - he said, nodding and pretending to understand her. His friends smiled at that.

-You are her favorite uncle, that's for sure - Gwaine said and the others nodded.

-As much as it hurts to admit it, she loves you more than she loves me. I don't know why. Who could love you more than me? That girl is crazy. - Arthur joked, crossing his arms, pretending to be offended.

-You treat her like you treated your own daughter. That's cute. - Gwen said, getting out of nowhere. Leon frowned.

-Did you really have to bring that up?

-Sorry. You should tell them, though. I mean, they're your friends, and it's not like you can protect them anymore.

-That's such a nice way to put it Guinevere... - he muttered, angry, just about to cry, and staring at some point in the floor - And I will tell them, just... I'm not ready yet.

-Tell us what? Leon, what are you two talking about?

-I just said I'm not ready! Just... Forget it, could you? I'll tell you, but not now.

-Fine, but promise you will tell as soon as you are ready.

-I promise. Though it may take some time for me to be ready to tell you without crying.

-Is it that bad? - Gwaine asked, worried. Since Katherine arrived, he started to be more carrying, not only with her, but with his friends, too.

-Believe me, nothing worse had ever happened to me, and I doubt it ever will.

Leon was on the verge of crying, and everyone noticed, even the little girl, who, babbling, crawled to touch his leg to get his attention and raised her arms so he could pick her up. Once he did, she hugged him.

-Buberby? - she asked, looking at Leon. He nodded, just wanting to see if she was saying what he thought she was saying. A blue butterfly flew around him.

-She just said 'butterfly'... - he murmured, looking at her dad.

-I was really expecting her first word to be 'Dada', like many other babies... But then again, she is not normal.

-Well, at least Leon is not about to cry now.

-Yeah... Thanks for that, sweetie - the curly-haired knight said, before kissing the baby's head and putting her down again. She smiled at him and went to where Gwaine was

-Dada! - she raised her arms again, this time asking him to pick her up, and when he did, she quickly fell asleep.

-Were you tired, baby girl? - He asked, knowing she was already sleeping - She said 'Dada'...

-Yes, she did.