Just A Cute Chapter

Gwaine, Leon, and three relatively new knights, were going on a patrol, so Katherine had to stay with Lancelot for a while, but she wouldn't let them take her away from her father. She would cry whenever they tried to even touch her.

-Kathy, calm down. We'll be back in an hour, Percy and Lance will take good care of you while I'm not here, alright? - she stopped crying, but when Lance was about to take her from her father's arms, she cried again.

-She doesn't like me, it seems.

-She does. This is not like her, it's weird.

-Gwaine, he have to go... - Eric, one of the knights that would go with him, said.

-I know, just... Katherine, if you behave well, I'll buy you something, would you like that? - he tried, but she was too little to even care.

-Let me help you.

Eric tried to take her from her father, but she screamed and hit his hand as hard as she could, which of course wasn't really painful. Leon, laughing, took her in his arms and she didn't cry or screamed, she just looked at him. The other knights also looked at Leon, surprised. He talked to her with such a calmed tone that she fell asleep.

-Here - he gave her to Lancelot, careful not to wake her up -. She was just tired.

-How did you know what to do?

-Experience, I guess. Anyway, you just let her sleep and when she wakes up, she'll be in a way better mood.

~•~•~•~•~•~

The patrol was uneventful, so they were back in an hour, just as it was supposed to be. Katherine was already awake by then.

-Leo, Leo! - she called, extending his little arms towards him and almost falling from Percival's. Leon took her and sat in the floor, sitting her in front of him.

-Did you just say...?

-Leo!

-She's been saying "Leo" since she woke up and realized you weren't here.

-That's so cute...

-Yes, it is, but it's time to eat for this little girl, so we better go before she gets grumpy. Say goodbye, little butterfly.

Gwaine tried to pick her up, but the moment his hand touched her, she started to move, trying to free herself from her father's hands.

-Leo! Leo, Leo!

-Oh, so when I had to go, you didn't want to get apart from me, and now that you must come with me and eat, you don't even want me to touch you?

-Leo!

-Yes, I know you love him, he's really kind and caring with you, but if you don't eat, you'll get grumpy and not even Leon will want to be around you. You have to eat. Then, if he he wants, you can spend more time with Leon, alright? - he tried again, but she didn't let him touch her.

-If you want... I guess I could help you feed her.

-Well, since she doesn't want to get away from you, your help would be really useful, Leon, thank you so much.

~•~•~•~•~•~

Feeding her took Leon half the time it usually took Gwaine, and the mess was less as well.

-How?

-What do you mean?

-You calmed her down when I couldn't, you fed her in half the time I usually do...

-Oh, well, she's not so different from my little Ashley, so many of the tricks that worked with her, work with Kathy as well.

-You really miss her, don't you?

-Of course I do. She was my daughter, after all. The first thing I do every day when I wake up is go to her room and imagine her sleeping or playing.

-And how did her mother take it?

-She died with my daughter. Morgana killed them both.

-I'm so sorry...

-It's alright. It's not as hard now as it was before, thanks to Katherine... Who by the way is too quiet.

They looked around, worried, just to find her sleeping on Gwaine's bed, where she had been playing just a few minutes ago.

-I guess she was still tired. No wonder why, she barely slept last night.

-Then you must be tired, too. I'll let you both rest.