Chapter 9

Driving towards Yejin's place, Sora must have attempted to turn back at least three times. She almost admits that her plan is half baked but the need to check in on Yejin and Bin is just too much. Yesterday morning, after a brief talk with him, where she found him distracted and evasive, she became unable to fully concentrate at work and had a restless sleep. She had a scheduled business trip tomorrow and she couldn't possibly leave without witnessing first hand if there's anything going on behind her back.

And that brought her to this point, in front of Yejin's house, where HER boyfriend now lives.... with his ex-wife and their children. She hated to admit it but the past two weeks were such a challenge for her. Her insecurities were eating her up and this kept her mind from just going on and on and on about possible scenarios that may be happening.

Sora knew that her moves might even be described as scheming but she somehow managed to gather information from Mi Cha (between promises of finding that nice shade of pink from a new lipstick brand). Sora somehow extracted information that Mi Cha's mother is alone in the house today and that her father will be going to the office to attend a meeting for a short time between 3pm to 5pm. This created an opportunity for Sora to quickly plan. She would show up with a home cooked hot soup and side dishes for Yejin and try to figure out first hand about her and Bin. For sure, her good intentions will not be misconstrued as ramblings of a jealous girlfriend right?

Resolved, she went out her car parked in front of the house, gathered the comfort food she prepared, then went up the stairs leading to the front door and rang the bell. While waiting for the door to open, she realized that its her first time to have been in Yejin's place. Judging from the neighborhood and the aesthetic of the house, she realizes that Bin has been very generous towards his ex-wife. This house, which she knew was the first one Yejin moved into after the divorce, must have cost a lot! Surely Bin has contributed a lot to this purchase. Sora then stops herself from entertaining how her thoughts tend to branch and make conclusions but she knows how this is now leaving a bad taste in her mouth. Focus on your goal today Sora, she tells herself.

After a couple more rings, she hears footsteps shuffling towards the door and as Yejin opens for her, she notices the surprise on her face.

"Sora? Oh! Annyeong! " Yejin says.

"Annyeong Yejin!" Sora replies. " I hope you don't mind that I dropped by. Bin told me that you are sick and I'm sorry if I took this long to visit you."

"Aniyo! It is fine. " Yejin says as she slowly opens the door for her.

Sora notices that Yejin lost weight and she seemed to have cut her hair shorter since they last saw each other briefly, but contrary to the image she had of a sick person, Yejin seems to have looked a lot younger and was still pretty. She was wearing yoga pants and a sweatshirt and seemed to have been doing some exercises judging from her get up.

"You seemed to be in the middle of something, I'm sorry to disturb."

"I was winding down on my usual stretches Sora. Don't worry about it." Yejin gives her a timid smile as she led her through the living room and into the kitchen where she asked Sora to sit in the breakfast counter as she prepared tea for both of them.

Sora then tells her that she brought some hot soup and side dishes that she made earlier in the day for her health, to which Yejin seemed a lot grateful for.

As Yejin placed the cups in the table and took her seat, Sora began to feel how awkward the atmosphere seems. So she clears her throat and starts.

"You have a nice place here Yejin. I like how the natural light goes in. It's bright and spacious."