Chapter 10

Yejin found herself perplexed and that was the reason why she seemed restless. She tried to sort her clothes and then when she couldn't concentrate, started to find a good playlist to relax to. Finally, she decided to sort out what has been bugging her. Sora coming to visit was actually not necessarily bad. For the past two hours, she has been trying to figure out how she felt about what happened earlier. At first, she was surprised. And then when she found out about the fact that Sora and Bin already have 'plans' to settle, she felt guilty for taking his time away from Sora.. and then, what actually amazed her later, as the dinner progressed, was that she started to have an appreciation for Sora. Yejin quietly observed the whole scene earlier and saw how much Sora cared for her children, and bonded with Mi Cha the most. Of course there was a twinge of something she didn't want to entertain on seeing Bin and Sora do couple stuff. But having cancer has made her look beyond what was clearly an awkward set up - very Brady Bunch, she thought to herself chuckling.

What also surprised her was that there was an almost peaceful feeling that landed in her. Whatever happens, her children and Bin will be taken cared of. They will grow having a family, no matter what. She knew that now with certainty. There was no evil stepmother for them. Life will go on and she didn't have to worry so much. A weight has somehow been lifted and she thought that maybe it's time for her to just leave worries about the future behind and just enjoy being present, savoring time with them.

Yejin found herself having tears of joy. So much so that she went to her kids room and chatted with the two before tucking them to bed. She snuggled briefly with Joon who always welcomed having mommy around.

As she prepared for bed, Yejin couldn't help feeling a sense of deja vu. Not that this situation happened before but that she remembers having this sense of peace and contentment before. Her gaze then settles on the bottom shelf of her cabinet and sitting down, she gently touches her scrapbook collection where she kept memories from the past. Settling on one marked That Summer, she carefully takes it out and turns the pages, each memory making her smile.

That Summer, just before going to college was the year she and Bin officially became a couple. It started pretty normal. Yejin would always have an advanced class or some summer enrichment program she had to join. Bin would still train for baseball while trying to get more time at the cafe to earn a little more. There was not much time to see each other except on weekends where Yejin continued to hang out in the cafe where Bin worked.

However, one good thing that happened was that she started to hang around Bin's Eomma. On Wednesdays and Fridays, she gets to finish class early and one day, she decided to stop by Bin's house which was nearer their school anyway. She wanted to see if she could wait for Bin to pass the time until she had to go home. She met his parents through the years and they've been as kind as their son so she felt comfortable around them. On that particular day, Bin's mother, Park Chin Sun was home and she was in her workspace.