The Rejection

"I, Andrew Douglass Cooper, reject you as my mate because you are a useless, good for nothing, worthless omega that noone could even try to love." Andrew spoke with such spite you'd think I was the person terrorizing him since childhood. My eyes locked on his. I pushed down every stupid emotion I was feeling about him; the love, the sadness, the longing, even the hate. I pushed it all down and kept a cold stare on him.

The lack of reaction made his heart stutter, thanks to this curse of mates I could tell my effect on him.

"I, Leah Jayson Tate, accept your rejection." I stared at him as he swallowed hard; the shock must be so intense for his pea sized brain. "Are we done here?" I nodded at the silence and gave the fakest smile I could muster. I spun around ready to put another painful situation behind me.

'I didn't know you could be so level headed,' The voice in my head that is my wolf Ivy praised 'Now let's get the hell out of here'. He finally looked like the idiot I know him as, with his jaw stuck open, eyes bugged out, and by making incoherent sentences

"You...you....accepted the....without..?" I stopped walking and turned back taking an invisible breath. Looking at him with my hand over my heart and a fake expression of worry.

"Oh, oh no you didn't did you? You really expected me to cry over you? To beg you to take me?" I tried to keep a straight face but as I spoke my words just got more and more funny,"I guess you are funny after all!" My smile breaking through with an actual laugh. I shook my head trying to compose myself then hardened my eyes and stared deep into his. "I guess we can have a heart to heart. So listen, you're rude and ignorant and straight up barbaric. Why would I ever want you as a peer, forget the idea completely of me wanting you as a mate? You agreed the Moongoddess made a mistake, and we ended that stressful-" I looked at my fake watch and back at him," two minutes. Good thing it was only as long as you would last screwing one of your groupies or I would feel really bad about it," I mocked with a beaming face and a swipe to remove the nonexistent sweat from my brow. "I may be the Omega of this pack, but I'm not so desperate to be accepted, to allowed myself to be mated to an asshole like you."

'Wow, are you okay?' Ivy asked shocked. Sure I'm not known to go off but I figure it's time for a change.

"How dare you talk to your Alpha that way!" his squeeze of the day said, "You would be lucky to even dream of having him! You are just a stupid dumb who-" she stopped mid sentence because of a loud sigh of annoyance that came from me.

"Common dude, You could've just turned away and looked at it as I'm helping you out by accepting his rejection. Its more of a chance for him to pick you to share his power and wealth, right? So... I suggest you shut the hell up, turn your ass in the opposite direction and walk away with whatever dignity you still have. Have nice day!" I smile at the end and mimic the stupid wave she does on a daily basis. I walk away again and hopefully this time without being interrupted. In my final moments I couldn't help but feel powered by my adrenaline, "Oh and happy birthday Alpha," I spat with every bit of bittersweet hate I had in my body. Of course I could have been an adult in my rejection but why would I do that? As I walked out of the crowd I held my hand high in the sky with one certain finger making its dazzling apperance.

Most of the people who had been around were laughing, some were seeing red, and some just stood in shock. I honestly don't give a rats ass about who saw or who's gonna be talking about it later. Its his fault he wanted to publicly humiliate me and it flipped on him.

'A person can only be hurt so much.' Ivy chimed in. I nodded already feeling my face getting hot from my emotions starting to come up from the valley I shoved them deep into. I get to my old '05 Ford Ranger and carefully slide in and instantly released my tears.