A Boy

There's something about the way you gaze at me , something about the way your brown eyes linger on me from behind those eyelashes falling gorgeously against your masculine face. There's something about the way your world lights up when I laugh , the way you smile at me tenderly as my eyes squint and my belly rumbles from the joy brewing inside of me. There's something about the way we connect , the way we sit lazily and contently whilst post Malone and kehlani blare loudly through your speakers. There's something about our chemistry that leaves me feeling some kind of longing for not being able to feel the way I know you do. I catch you staring at me sometimes when you think I'm lost deep into my thoughts that you know takes me into several relms. I catch you watching me , I catch you entering my multiple universal worlds. It's in the way you look at me , eyes soft and tender as you touch my skin gently. It's in the way your hands fall on my petite frame and you converse freely about your beliefs and opinions. It's the type of language you speak , the type that has your eye's shining as you indulge in our shared knowledge and thoughts. The way you share your secrets with me even when it leaves you a vulnerable mess. Don't you know how my heart wishes it could love you? You try to confess , I can see it in the way your words get choked up and in the way you cradle my face restraining yourself from kissing me and drowning yourself into the rejection we both know is bound to come. I hope one day you find a girl that can love you in all the ways I never could.  And one day when I am older and more sure of myself I'll look back on these moments and know that once upon a time you made me consider a 'you and I'. There was once a boy I wish I could have loved. There was you.

             -Liyah Smith