Chapter 8: Little Brother Problems

Godzilla jr's POV

I didn't like Minilla one bit. I'll bet he just came from a random egg, and the one Mom laid, was still in tact. I hoped this nightmare would end, but I don't think it will. Every morning is the same. I wake up to Minilla trying to eat my blanket. He always makes a mess at the table, and Mom and Dad say it's a work of art. I just don't get it. It's just a mess! Whenever I make a mess, they always get mad at me! "Well, Minilla makes a mess," I proclaimed. "Son, he's just a baby! He doesn't know any better. You should," Dad tells me. I just don't get it. Just then, Uncle Rodan came by. "Alright Rodan, do you think you can watch Minilla while we're gone," Dad asked. "Oh certainly. I'd like to babysit this innocent baby while you guys are gone," Rodan said, "And I definitely won't not refrain by not betraying you by putting up quotes from monsterverse movies on the walls to keep Minilla from summoning the devil himself." Then Mom and Dad were about to leave. "Can I come," I asked. "No son, you need to learn you lesson by cleaning up every inch of the house. Rodan will make sure you do," Dad said. Then they left. Rodan went to the kitchen to get some baby food, while I went to clean the house. After 5 hours, I finally finished. I went outside to wait for Mom and Dad. Then, Uncle Rodan said that I missed a spot. I went to the kitchen, and saw that Minilla trashed the place! "NO NO NO you stupid baby, messes are for kids who can't poop," I said. Just then Minilla started to whine very loud.

Mom and Dad burst through the door and Dad scolded me like it was my fault that the baby trashed the place! "Jr, how dare you make Minilla cry," He shouted

Mom and Dad burst through the door and Dad scolded me like it was my fault that the baby trashed the place! "Jr, how dare you make Minilla cry," He shouted. "But he-" I began, but Dad cut me off and told me to go to my room. I was pouting. Minilla gets away with EVERYTHING and Mom and Dad say that it's a "work of art". What about me? I can do more things than that baby will ever do. Then Mom came in to talk to me. "Jr, the reason why we tell Minilla his messes are a work of art, is because he doesn't know right from wrong," She said, "That's why it's important to try to teach him right from wrong at a young age. Do you know why," Mom asked. "So that he won't be fat and lazy teenager," I guessed. "No, it's so that he'll be a good boy when he grows up. Plus a good brother. He needs someone to show him the way," Mom continued, "I know you're not the kid of the house anymore, but it doesn't mean you'll never be noticed," She finished. Then Dad came in with Minilla. Minilla started to chew on the blankets again. "No no Minilla, we don't chew on these things unless they're food," Dad said, " You know Jr, you once trashed the entire house," He said chuckling, "No room was safe from your reign of terror!" Later, after all that talk, they left. I thought about what they said and then I decided to do what is right.