CHAPTER 16

Third person POV:-

The clouds, skies, stars were witnessing the man bowing in front of their lord. In front of his lord praying for his love. They were witnessing the man who never cried in his whole life , even not when his parents died. Even when everyone left him all alone in this cruel world. Even when the woman he loved the most left him. Betrayed him. He was sitting there pleading his lord to save his love but even No tears escaped his eye but still his heart ached as if something was going away from him. As if he will be left alone again. He only thought about her at that time. If anything happened to her, how will he live without her? He was deep in his thoughts and sitting near the window staring at the sky with a stoic expression on his face.

Ya Allah! You are the most merciful. You help everyone in need. Anyone who begs in front of you, you provide them with anything they need. You never leave your men alone. You are always with them. They cry for their loved ones and you fulfill their wishes. Please save her!  Why only me? What did I ever did wrong? Which sin's punishment am I receiving now? Punish me but why her? She is so innocent. It is all my fault I shouldn't have taken her there. I should have taken care of her. I should have known that her condition worsens whenever she eats cold items. Her parents had already told me beforehand. How can I forget a single detail about her? Please save her this time. I will take care of her from now on! Always 

He was sitting and complaining in front of his God about his fate when a shadow appeared in front of him. He focused but couldn't because he was too drunk. He rubbed his eyes and it was his mom. She was smiling at him and sat beside him, placed his head on her lap and began stroking his head. While he was closed his eyes silently, feeling peace.

Khizer I never taught you to be so weak. You love her. Right? Prove it my son, she loves you too. I know this! Everyone left you but then see your lord gave you Alizey. Love her as much as you can, never leave her. I know she'll never ever leave you. You trust your mother right baby?

His mother asked while playing with his hair. He nodded silently.

Then trust me she'll never leave you. She loves you. Just take care of her. I promise you she'll never leave you. Take care of yourself Khizer. She said and stood up to leave.

" Stop!" He shouted and suddenly woke up. He started panting and looked here and there in search of water but found only bottles of wine. All bottles were empty. He sat there again staring at the sky. Complaining again and again with just one question running in his head!
Why only those whom I love suffer pain? Why?

~~~~~~~~

Two days had passed since she was laying there unconscious. The doctors told him that due to low platelets in her body she was sensitive towards cold food items. He would sit beside her and stare at her as if she was the most precious thing he had. He hadn't had a single item of food pass his mouth since she had fainted. How could he, when his love was there lying helplessly on the bed? 

Faris, his best friend, was beside him since two days, not leaving him for a single second as he knew he would try to harm himself once again. He had consulted the best doctors of the city and each one of the said that she was quite weak and should focus on her diet. They did say that she would gain consciousness within a few days but both Khizer and Faris were desperate that when will she wake up again.

Faris was sitting on the chair beside Alizey while Khizer was roaming in the room checking his meeting schedule and cancelling all of them. Nothing was more important than Alizey. It was until Faris saw a small movement in Alizey's hand and he stood up checking her pulse.

"What happened?" Khizer asked him and moved forward, quickly taking a seat beside his wife. 

"I saw a movement in her hand. Maybe she is gaining consciousness. I will just call the doctor." Faris spoke up and Khizer nodded, continuously rubbing Alizey's hands and kissing them again and again. Within few minutes the doctor entered, and started checking her heartbeat and her body temperature. 

"Mr. Shahid she will regain consciousness soon. But I suggest you to please take care of her diet. She is quite sensitive and weak and if her diet wouldn't be proper then it can cause some serious problems, too. More green vegetables and fruits can improve Alizey's health. Please take care of this!" The doctor advised and Khizer nodded silently, mentally noting down everything. 

Faris left the room to leave the doctor and he again sat beside her and kissed her forehead gently and that was when she opened those beautiful brown orbs that Khizer had loved the most. She passed him a small smile and he thanked his God that she was all fine. He made her sit on the bed and handed her a glass of normal water. She drank it and passed the glass back to him. Placing it on the side table he grasped her tiny hands in his and stared at her.

"You scared me, too much!" He complained as if he was a two year old baby. She laughed silently and gazed at his grey orbs which were filled with complaints.

"I completely forget this whenever I see ice cream parlors. I am sorry. I will take care from now on." She spoke softly and Khizer stared lovingly at her. How could he not fall for this pure and innocent soul? She was becoming an addiction! She was becoming a drug and he was quite lucky that he was drugged by her innocence and cuteness.

"I will take care of this all myself. Now get up. Freshen up and I will bring you food. Can you walk on your own?" He helped her in standing and asked her another question, making her roll her eyes.

"I didn't break my leg Eiffel, I can walk heck I can even run and jump." She spoke and was about to enter the washroom when he grabbed her arm and kissed her softly on her cheeks. His warm lips lingering on her soft, cold cheeks for more than a minute and she smiled deeply, lowering her gaze at his act.

He left the room after ordering her to take a shower and when she was done she wore the bathrobe and exited for the closet. She grabbed a T-shirt and a pair of trouser and wore a jacket on top of the shirt. Zipping the jacket she went out of the closet and saw the whole room was arranged along with the bedsheets being changed. This always shocked her how fast the maids arranged the whole room. 

After blow-drying her hair she wrapped them in a bun and sat on the bed waiting for her husband to bring her food. Within a few seconds, he entered inside and passed her a gorgeous smile which made her insides melt. He placed the large tray on the bed and sat in front of her. The tray was full of fruits and salads. There was not even a single item she loved.

"Khizer I can't eat only fruits. Please?" She pleaded and he shook his head. He grabbed a fork and within minutes the whole tray was finished by her with her continuously nagging how much cruel he is, and how much he is forcing her but he paid no heed to her talks and focused on her diet only. He handed her a large glass of fresh orange juice and when he was sure she had finished the whole glass, he called the maid through the intercom to come and take the whole tray. 

When the maid was gone, he sat beside her and placed her head on his chest and kissed her forehead. She gazed at him with a soft expression on her face. He smiled at her and her index finger made its way to his dimple and she placed her finger there and he smiled more deeply. Her fingers travelled to his nose and then to his eyebrows and at last on his lips. His smile not fading away for a single second. 

She moved forward and placed a hand in his hair. It felt to Khizer that she was trying to feel her husband today. When she started massaging his scalp with her tiny hands, he groaned and closed his eyes pulling her whole body on top of his. He brought the blanket covering both of them and pulled her body closer to his, wrapping his legs around hers and kissed her forehead. She hummed and both of them dozed off, satisfied that they were in each other's arms and breathing the same air.

~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!
Take care and stay safe ♥️