02

Chapter 02

Chapter 02

Idris broke through the bushes like a tractor, completely unbothered by the thorns around them. He was clearing the way for the fragile little creature walking behind him. He wanted to laugh at how everything about her was so small. From her figure to her hands and ever her tiny legs which were hopelessly trying to follow him. Her night-sky colored curious eyes moved left and right with the speed of roaring-storm light trying to get familiar with the surroundings. 

Idris was not delusional. This Quinn, as she liked to call herself was a woman. Although she was nothing like the women of his kind in heights, her curves were a clear pointer of her gender. But even with her fanciable features, to him, she looked like a little child in need of his protection. From the way she bounced behind him, to the fact that she hadn't stopped commenting during their whole journey and pointing left and right, Idris found her very appealing and interesting.

It seemed that she wasn't from this planet. He had heard stories from his elders about other species like them living far, far away on the twinkling lights visible during the night, but until today he hadn't met any. Quinn was the first one to arrive on their planet. 

Although, judging by the fact that she was caught on fire when she fell from the sky, he wondered if she did it by choice or that big fire-blasting animal ate her on her way. Likely for her, he managed to kill it before it got to her. 

He hadn't seen an animal like that until now. Its skin wasn't furry or warm, but cold and made out of something strange. He wondered if it had followed her from the sky. Were any more of those going to come uninvited on his planet? Yet, he didn't fear. His people were fearless warriors, capable of defeating any creature that threatens their home. And if for some unknown reason, the creatures were after Quinn, he was going to protect her as well. 

Quinn earned his attention when he realized that she stopped commenting on her weird language. He turned towards the woman and found her pouting while looking at the other little creature in her hands. It must have been a friend of hers because she was so keen on protecting it when he wanted to get rid of it as well. Although judging by its immobility, he figured that it was already dead. 

Seeing her distressed gaze, he tried to find a way to comfort her, even though he knew that she couldn't understand him.

"I will find you another pet if you like, please just don't start to cry."

Her eyes widened and lit up a little when he spoke to her. He didn't want to pat her head in sympathy, after the last time she flinched thinking that he was going to hurt her. Never, in his life, he had harmed a woman, nor he was planning on doing it in the future.

"I can find you a loka. You can pet those all you want."

Loka was a small creature who lived among his kind. Even though it didn't have any particular use, the females said that lokas were very appealing, so they usually kept one in their housing. Although Idris couldn't understand what was so likable about them, except for the fact that their furs were soft and could be used for clothing, they were as big as his hand was. The only thing they did all day was sleeping, eating, and rubbing their flowery-colored furs around their master's feet.