~ 09 ~

"One sip, bad for me
One hit, bad for me
One kiss, bad for me
But I give in so easily
And no thank you is how it should've gone
I should stay strong
But I'm weak, and what's wrong with that?"
Weak - AJR

oOoOo

Halloween is on a Saturday this year. The party at Theta Alpha is at ten o'clock, so we spend the morning and afternoon getting our costumes together.

Blair and I decided to go as an angel and a devil. I wanted to be the devil, but Blair said she already has devil horns in her closet.

So, I end up dressing as an angel. I pick out a v-neck white bodycon dress from my closet. It ends mid-thigh. I also paint my nails white and apply blush and a shimmery highlight to my cheeks. I attach the feathery wings I ordered from Amazon to my back and look in the mirror.

Blair walks into my room in her costume. She's wearing black shorts, a red crop top, a choker, and her devil-horn headband.

"Aw you look so heavenly," she teases.

"And you look evil," I retort.

"Marc, can you get a picture of us?" I holler.

Seconds later he emerges in his American football player costume. He borrowed one of Kaden's old Tom Brady jerseys and applied some eyeblack to his cheeks.

I hand him my phone, and he snaps a picture of us standing next to a blank space on my wall.

"Cute," I say, handing the phone to Blair so she can approve it. I post it to my private Snapchat and Instagram stories.

"Are you two ready to go? We're supposed to meet Grace in the lobby in ten minutes," Marc says.

We decided to all carpool to the party tonight. Blair got stuck with designated driver duty tonight. Luckily I never get stuck as DD because I don't know how to drive.

"Yeah, just lemme grab my purse," I say, going into my closet to grab my white Chanel crossbody.

We file into the elevator. It stops on Grace's floor and Grace steps in. She is dressed up as Cher from the movie Clueless. She has on the classic yellow plaid outfit and knee-high socks.

"Cute costume!" I say.

"Thanks, love yours too!"

When the elevator reaches the lobby, we walk to the parking lot and get in the car. Fifteen minutes later, we are in the parking lot closest to the frat house.

oOoOo

Walking into the crowded house with Blair and Grace flanking me, I automatically start looking for Kaden. It's difficult to see with the strobe lights flashing and all of the people dancing sloppily.

I don't see him, but I see Chase standing in the corner with a group of guys. I motion in his direction to Blair to let her know I'm going to go talk to him.

"Hey, Maxwell," he greets, tipping his red solo cup.

He takes in my costume with a smirk, "Did you fall from heaven or something?"