~ 35 ~

"They say I did something bad
But why's it feel so good?
Most fun I ever had
And I'd do it over and over and over again if I could
It just felt so good, good"
I Did Something Bad - Taylor Swift

oOoOo

After my classes are over on Friday, I get a text from Xander.

Xander: Just landed in Boston. When are you available to meet up?

Me: I have friends coming over in an hour. You're welcome to join, or we can talk tomorrow.

Xander: Ok. See you soon.

I completely forgot he was supposed to come this weekend. I hope he won't mind going shopping with Blair, Grace, and me. Kaden is supposed to tag along too.

About forty-five minutes later, Xander shows up at the door.

"Come in," I open the door wider so Xander and his bodyguard can come inside. "How was your flight?"

"Decent." He looks around. "Where is everyone?"

"Not here yet." I check the time. " You're fifteen minutes early."

"Sorry about that."

"Maybe we can just get our talk over with now?" I suggest. I know he's going to be mad at me, so might as well get it over with.

Xander opens his mouth to talk, but a knock on the back door interrupts him.

"One second." I rush to the door. It's Kaden.

"Hey, you're early." I hug him.

"Got off work early. I wanted to see your beautiful face," he says as he squeezes me to him tighter.

Xander coughs.

"Oh. Hey, Xylon. I didn't know you were visiting," Kaden says.

"Yep. Nice to see you, Karter," Xander says with his arms crossed.

The levels of immaturity in this room astound me.

Kaden deliberately slips his arm around my shoulder. I roll my eyes at his display.

"Be nice," I hiss in Kaden's ear.

"So, Xander," I start, emphasizing his name, "how about we talk later since Kaden is here?"

I dash down the hall to find Blair. I need a buffer.

"Blair, come help. Xander and Kaden are going to kill each other," I plea as I fling her door open.

"Ooh, I want to see this." She gets off her bed and follows me to the kitchen.

The air is thick with tension. Kaden and Xander are having some sort of a silent staring contest. The only sound in the room is mine and Blair's footsteps.

"So," I say, clapping my hands. Both men's gazes snap to me. "We're just waiting for Grace to show up. Make yourselves comfortable."

Kaden and Xander go back to glaring at each other. I look at Blair, asking silently for help. She shrugs, letting me know I'm on my own.

Luckily, Grace decides to be on time today. She knocks on the door, and I eagerly go to open it.

"Hey," Grace exclaims, hugging me. When we pull apart, her eyes are wide. "Xander's here?" she mouths.

I nod and roll my eyes.

"Let's get going," I say.

oOoOo