~ 13 ~

"I've got all my money on you
And though my dollars are few
I feel like a million bucks
And I give no fucks when I'm with you"
Million Bucks - Smallpools

oOoOo

Maeve surprises me by following us back to Boston. She convinced our parents to let her take a week off school to see Boston. She told me that she expects a full tour of the city and the college experience in a nutshell.

On the last day of Thanksgiving break, we return to Boston. We spend the day lounging around the penthouse and getting our internal clocks back on East Coast Time. I give Maeve a grand tour and show her around the rest of the building.

Classes start up again on Monday. Maeve is stuck in the penthouse all day since it's the official start of the second half of the first semester. I decide against sneaking her into my classes on the first day back.

The rest of the school week passes by uneventfully, like usual.

Each day, Blair and I take Maeve around the city to experience the late fall/early winter highlights.

Tuesday, we go to the New England Aquarium. I show her the penguin exhibit and the huge tank with the turtle. We also walk around The North End, since it's close to the aquarium. We take her to all of the best food spots, like Mike's Pastries to get one of their famous cannolis.

Wednesday, we take Maeve to the Frog Pond in the Commons. Since it's the first week in December, the Ice Skating Rink is set up. We spend a few hours of the afternoon skating. Afterward, we stroll through the Commons and Public Garden.

Thursday, we shop on Newbury Street and walk around downtown. I show her a few of the historical sights along the Freedom Trail too.

oOoOo

Friday approaches quickly. Maeve begs me to let her come to my classes. I give in to get her to shut up. She'll definitely be bored, but she's the one who wanted to attend classes.

"You ready to go?" I ask Maeve before we need to leave for European History.

"Yes," she says excitedly. "How do I look? Do you think I'll blend in?"

I take in her outfit. She is wearing one of my Harvard hoodies and leggings.

"For the most part," I reply. "It's obvious that you're too young to be a college student, though. If anyone gives you a hard time, just say that you're taking a tour before applying."

"Sounds good."

We arrive on campus and go to my history class.

"Hey, Maxwell, who's your twin?" Chase calls out as I take a seat between him and Kaden.

"Maeve, my younger sister."

"How you doin'?" He asks seductively.

Maeve giggles.

"She's like four years younger than you," I scowl at him. "Can you move down a seat, so Maeve can sit?"

"Sure, anything for the pretty ladies," he says.

"Just ignore him. You'll get used to it," I whisper to her.

She looks over to my right and sees Kaden. Maeve raises her eyebrows, silently asking if it's Kaden. I roll my eyes and nod.

She gets a mischievous look on her face.

"So you must be Kaden! It's nice to meet my sister's boyfriend!" She says.