In Which Lena Is Finally Allowed Public School

The Luthor family was practically royalty in National City. It's like the city was their kingdom and they owned it all. No sharing. No helping. All of the good was shown and the evils they were up to were just masked and hidden. Members of the family were never found consulting with anyone in a lower "class" as them. Basically, they never talked to anyone that wasn't as important as they were. What happened behind doors was kept behind doors.

The Danvers family, on the other hand, was a lower-class family with amazing connections. The family was close and comfortable. They were far from similar to the Luthors.

--

"Mother, I wan't to go to public school!" Lena, the youngest of the family exclaimed at her mother standing tall facing the fireplace.

"Lena. This is the third time you've said that this week. You know we don't associate with those... those... normals." Her mother sternly says while turning away holding her glass of whiskey.

"Come on mother it's allr-"

"Our public outlook is very important and simple little things could ruin our reputation. I don't need you going behind my back and doing anything stupid."

"Mother, no one even knows what I look like. What if I had an alias? What if I was someone who isn't a Luthor? What if you logged me into the school system with a totally different name and I can wear like a wig or something to school. It would be fine. No one would even pay attention to me mother." Lena explained hoping her mom could understand.

"Lena Luthor. You have gone too far. I am ordering you to go to your room. I will allow you to come out at dinner time."

"Mother please I-" Lena was cut off once again.

"Dinner. Time, Lena." Lena scoffed and dragged herself upstairs.

"God. I just want her to understand how I feel." Lena said to herself staring at herself in the mirror. Lena took a good look at herself and pulled out the scissors in her drawer. She stared at them before chopping her hair off around shoulder length. She looked down at her hair and laughed before looking back up at herself in the mirror. Lena thought to herself, 'mother is going to kill me.' She was excited about her rebelling and her not giving in to her mothers harsh words. But at the same time she didn't want to get in trouble. Lena fell to the floor holding her hair in her hands. She started freaking out not knowing how her mother would react. Lena pushed herself backwards until she hit the wall. "Shit." That was all she could come up to say. She ran her hands through her hair that was still attached to her head.

"Lena. Come down for dinner!" Lena heard her mother call up. Lena stood up and looked at herself in the mirror. She did a great job she could be a professional at this whole breaking down and chopping your hair off thing. That was, if her mother wouldn't react so horribly. She shuffled out of the restroom and walked downstairs. Her mother immediately noticed and walked to her.

"What is this?!" Her mother's voice stabbed Lena like a dagger, she winced.

"I.. mother I'm so sorry it just happened like my hands had a mind of their own. I didn't mean to." She frantically apologizes. She heard her mother chuckling and laughing at her. That hurt even more. She looked down.

"God. You really can't control yourself. You want to go to public school that bad huh? You got to the point where you chopped your beautiful hair off."

"Mother I-" Lena was quickly interrupted by her brother, the golden boy.

"Oh god. Mother I would never do that. She looks terrible!" Lillian, though she loved Lex way more than Lena, glared at him and shot him with her eyes.