In Which We Go To The Mall

Kara closes the door behind her and walks into the kitchen seeing her mom cleaning. "Hey mom.. Alex is at soccer practice?" Kara smiles and asks.

"Yep. How was school?" Her mother asks while setting her cloth to the side and faces her.

"It was good! I made a new friend... well.. I'm not sure if she's my friend. She said she went to school to learn. Not to make friends or have fun. It was a little odd. The girl has some issues. Like I may have eavesdropped on a conversation she was having with her mom. And her house seemed tense. She also has like major anxiety. Like I could just tell. The girl was shaking her leg and fiddling with her fingers at the same time." Kara sighs.

"Hey.. maybe you will end up talking more and she'll open up." Her mother implies. Kara nods and goes to her room, getting some homework done before calling Winn, making sure it was the end of his robotics club.

Kara- "Hey Winn!"

Winn- "God. Kara. Tell me tell me."

Kara- "I'm not sure if I should. I just.. I know her family is strict. I can tell. I may or may not have peeked over at her phone . Her mom was like spying on her or something. She immediately knew when she was on her phone."

Winn- "Woah. That's..."

Kara- "Yeah. I know. I haven't gotten much information.."

Winn- "Do you know anything about her family?"

Kara- "Nope. She hasn't opened up."

Winn- "Okay okay... Do you actually want to be her friend?"

Kara- "Yes. She seems like a prodigy. On the bus she just handed me the spelling bee packet. She knew exactly how to spell everything. Sydney Jensen is going to be pissed."

Winn- "Okay well if you actually want to be her friend, I would recommend we stop talking about her like this."

Kara- "You're right."

Winn- "I know I am. Mall?"

Kara- "Sure! Pick me up."

Kara chuckles and hangs up. Kara goes down and asks her mother "Hey mom can I go with Winn to the mall?"

"As long as you be good. Take your phone and your portable charger. Keep your phone on at all times." Her mother says walking to her. Kara smiles and puts on her jacket before running out seeing Winn already waiting for her. Kara gets in the car with him.

--

Lena walks downstairs. "Hey mom.. remember I volunteered for that elf thing at the mall?"

"Ah, yes. Treacherous Christmas is coming up and they need elf's to go around the mall helping out." Lillian says turning around looking at Lena.

"Yes mother. If I run into anyone from school, I need my name to be Katherine on my tag." Lillian nods.

"Go. Take the Honda. The little black one that we have had for ages and" Lillian looks at her in her eyes. "Do not get into any accidents." Lena nods and takes the keys and goes to the mall. She changes into her elf costume in the dressing room of Kohl's. She gets her elf ears on and her hat. She smiles and walks out. She talks with the employee of Kohl's.

"Oh. You're the elf with us today?" Lena nods. "I'm Sadie."

"Katie- Katherine. But Katie for short" Lena smiles and shakes Sadie's hand.

"Aww you're a cutie. Maybe I can request you again some time." The employee, maybe in her mid 20's adds.

Lena smiles and starts helping. She sets some clothes on the rack before heading out of the store and going on her break. She walks around shopping for herself.