seven

[ 12:58 A.M ]

Wiping their tears, Keiji had an idea that he hoped Himari would like. Opening his mouth to speak, willing his voice to not break after crying for so long.

"Do you want to put some music on?"

The strawberry blonde turned to him, eyelashes sticky and wet with drying tears and pink cheeks streaked with tears. Maybe it was sadistic of him, but he thought she looked even more beautiful after crying. She closed her eyes and smiled at the care in his speech.

"Sure."

The pretty boy with gunmetal eyes smiled back, and continue to smile even though he was panicking inside as he pulled out his phone to scroll through a playlist.

'What if she doesn't like my taste in music? Why did I even suggest this? This is going to so awkward if she doesn't like my music-'

"Ooh! I really like most of those."

The dark haired boy turned and saw the blue eyed girl looking over his shoulder, and blushed at the close proximity.

"Really..?"

He asked quietly, staring at disbelief and, for no real reason, admiration at Himari.

"Yeah, I know a lot of them, and really like them!"

She gave a closed eye smile to him, her nose still red from crying in the cold. Looking away to hide is now tinted face he clicked play.

(stan ramona for clear skin i stg🤩 )

( another thing real quick, it might not work on mobile unfortunately, i checked and once you zoom out it will stop the video/music. however, on my laptop(where i write) it does let me play and read at the same time. im not sure if its the same for everyone, but i do recommend reading with the music, it adds to the mood and was written with the music in mind. thank you!)

The intro for a song they both knew too well began playing throughout the rooftop, the soft and bubbly tune resonating clearly.

Himari's bright eyes reflected the stars as she giggled and started to quietly hum, Keiji's own gunmetal eyes looking back at hers, strange admiration and fondness in them.

"I need to not pick up my phone..."

The playlist started with airplane mode by limbo, and as soon as the first verse started, Himari grabbed both Keiji's hands, making him place his phone down on the pavement after turning the volume all the way up to cover the whole roof.

 Under a blanket of stars, the strawberry blonde girl lead the way for the dark haired boy to follow, twirling and prancing around the rooftop, dancing to the music. They danced, laughed, smiled, and enjoyed each other. They held hands as they spun around, grinning at the other with stars shining down.

Himari felt so light, her heart wasn't even heavy and her eyelids weren't drooping anymore. She loved music, it was practically her escape. It made her float away to an imaginary world, where she and someone danced together,

'Just like this.'

She thought. The person in her dreams and imagination had no features, because that person simply didn't exist to her. Her perfect way of life wasn't complete without that person who could only be called her nonexistent lover. Sometimes, her being a hopeless romantic, imagination is better than the harsh reality.