ten

[ 5:07 A.M ]

The sky continued to get 

brighter,

brighter,

brighter,

and brighter,

until the sun peaked through the cotton candy clouds.

As the sun rose, Himari raised her head from Keiji's shoulder. Feeling her start to move, he ceased his humming, allowing his aching throat a break and lifting his head off hers. 

They made eye contact, and the dark haired boy thought back to when he first saw her eyes. This girl he connected to on the deepest level and understood her thoughts and feelings, yet knew next to nothing about her.

 She was Himari, a girl with slightly wavy strawberry blonde hair reaching her midback, and sky blue eyes. She wore gold and round lens-less glasses, and she likes the stars.

How cliché, he mentally chuckled.

Sorrowful looks were shared between them, before the sky blue eyed girl inhaled deeply, composing herself.

When she opened her eyes, she smiled at Keiji.

"Hey, wanna die with me?"

She spoke with such certainty and warmth, Keiji would have accepted even if he didn't plan to earlier. Keiji mimicked her grin and stood, turning to his left where Himari sat and pulled her up by their locked hands.

Slowly, they walked to the railing, each taking their shoes off and placing a once forgotten letter in the right one. Additionally, Himari placed her useless glasses in the left one. She wore those glasses to protect her from stares, make her blend in and avoid confrontation. It was cowardly, but it was the most she could do.

They then climbed over the fence and sat on it, wanting to spend a little more time together if possible. It was silent, a light breeze swishing through once in a while and the city noises lost in the background. 

Taking a deep breath, she urged the painful stabbing in her heart to go away.

"Thank you."

Keiji whipped his head to the strawberry blonde girl, his own emotions starting to flood him too.

"For everything."

Her eyes sparkled, and for once he could see them perfectly without her annoying frames blocking them. They conveyed all sorts of emotion, and curse empathy because now the dark haired boy felt sorrowful beyond what he thought was possible.

However, in a way he felt satisfied.

"You know, this night is the best one of my life. I think that your the best person I've ever met and-"

She stopped herself, chocking back a sob. Keiji took it from there, not wanting to see hear breakdown again. He wanted this night to be happy.

"It's ok."

He smiled reassuringly, and he could have sworn this is the most he's smiled in one night, his cheeks were sore. Himari shook her head after wiping her eyes, her hair flipping in the wind and nose and cheeks red.

"No! You made this day better than my entire life! Thank you! Thank you thank you thank you! Your the best thing that ever happened to me, and- and!"

From there she broke down in tears, the crystal liquid flowing down her face without stopping no matter how hard or how much she wiped them. She sobbed, her heart stuck in her throat, eyes glossy and stinging. Her face must have been red, she tried to bite her lip to stop her crying, but it didn't work.

Keiji then released his hand from hers, making her wails louder, only to wrap his arms around her. He cradled her head and pulled her into his chest. He let her cry into her chest while he cried on her shoulder.

She took her arms that were violently wiping her tears and wrapped them around him, only wanting his warmth and scent and love right now.

Her wails echoed around the roof and she cried until the sun started to shoot it's orange rays onto them. Only then, her tears stopped, silently and lightly weeping. Keiji let go of her, letting her wipe the stray tears.

After, he cupped her face in his large hands, forcing eye contact between the two sad strangers.

"I'm happy we met, if anything, I'm glad it was tonight. I don't know how empty this day might have been if you didn't show up, and I don't know how the rest of my life would have been like if I met you earlier."

He spoke genuinely, passionately, spilling his feelings.

"But I'm satisfied right now, and I hope you are too. I think you might be the first person I've ever truly loved."

He chuckled, trying to hold back the second wave of tears. Himari's face exploded into red and her eyes glossed over again, she opened her mouth to speak but the boy with gunmetal eyes stopped her.

"So, thank you."

He pulled himself off the rail and onto the thin piece on concrete beyond the railing. The blonde girl silenced herself and followed his example, grabbing his hand and using her other to guide his face to hers. 

Himari tilted her head and she kissed his cheek gently, pulling back and giving him a teary closed eye smile, the largest one she could muster.

 Keiji smiled as he softly grabbed the back of her neck, leaning her into an actual kiss. They smiled into it, they moved in synch as the last tear slid down the blue eyes girl's cheek.

It was passionate and sorrowful, slow and longing, meaningful and satisfied. 

When they pulled back, they gave the other one last look, pure joy. 

With hands interlocked, they let themselves fall after giving their last words.

"Thank you."

Their eyes were closed, they felt the wind pressure before it turned into a gentle breeze, ruffling through their hair. They were cold, but then they were a comfortable cool.

They felt no pain, even though they heard and felt their hearts stop. It was the strangest feeling ever. 

Slowly opening her eyes, Himari found herself back at the center of the rooftop. Her hand felt warm, and when she turned her head, she saw Keiji.

Her eyes widened, her mouth fell open as he stared back at her. Then, he turned, he didn't have a shadow Himari noticed, and it all clicked when the light pooled through him and she could slightly see the other side of the roof.

She smiled widely, glad at the outcome; and when he grabbed her waist with his other hand, she held onto his shoulder. 

Ever sense then, they slow danced all night.

𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔤<3