Chapter Seventeen

3rd p.o.v

It's been about 7 years since Peter and Y/n got married and they couldn't be more happier their life has been full of adventure with sailing the seas visiting neighboring kingdoms to just exploring more of Cair Paravel. Tomorrow the Pevensie's were going to go take their horses and hunt a stag. But today they spent their day roaming the castle and just spending time with each other and the Narnians. Mr. Tumnus and the beavers were with the Pevensie's while they walked around the village surrounding the castle. Lucy was talking to the Narnians selling stuff and a little bit further behind the group, Y/n and Peter were up in the front holding hands smiling, Edmund and Susan were making small talk with each other while waving to others looking at the kings and queens passing by. Everyone was just really happy to be outside walking around the sun was shining through the trees so it gave some shade on the pathway it also had been really nice out there was a small ocean breeze and you could smell the salt water mixed with the food that the group passed. The group walked around talking to Narnians for a few hours until Mr. and Mrs. Beaver and Mr. Tumnus decided to head home. The Pevensie's walked back to the castle.

Peter took Y/n down to the beach and they both sat down on the sand. They both sat in a comfortable silence until Peter asked a question that shocked Y/n a little. "Do you think we could have a kid?" Y/n looked up at him with a mixture of confusion and happiness. "I mean I don't see why not, why do you want one?" "I was thinking about it, we're getting older and soon we're gonna need someone to take over being King or Queen." "We can try if you really want to" "I do" Y/n sat with her back against Peters chest and looked out at the ocean. Peter kissed her head and rested his chin on her head, he wrapped his arms around her waist and just thought about how lucky he was. The couple sat there for a while because the next thing they knew Edmund was coming over to tell them dinner was ready.

Dinner had consisted of all the Pevensie's laughing and making jokes while they all sat there having fun they had forgotten that they had a kingdom they felt like normal adults having fun. It was one of the only dinners that they've ever had where no one argued. After dinner they had decided to go to the library, Y/n and Edmund played Chess by the window Peter was sitting on the windowsill watching the game. Susan and Lucy were reading on a couch next to them. They stayed like that for a few hours Edmund trying to beat Y/n. "How have you beaten me almost every round?" Y/n shrugged "I guess I've just played with you so much I know your moves" Edmund and Y/n laughed.

      As the sun started to set the quieter the castle and the village below got. Peter and Y/n started to head back to there room hand in hand as the rest of the siblings trailed behind. One by one they were met by there bedroom door and hugged the others goodnight until it was just the high king and queen. The couple went to their room as started to get ready for bed. Every night before they went to sleep they would open the doors to their balcony and walk out to the railing and just look up at the stars or the ocean, they wouldn't speak just there enjoying each other's company with Peter's arm on Y/n's shoulder while hers were around his waist. After a while the two would go back into their room keeping the balcony doors open and get into bed. They would share a few words mostly just to tell each other how much they love the other just like they do in the mornings when they wake and share a small kiss. Y/n would have be facing Peter's chest arms wrapped around another just being held.

In the morning when the couple woke up they would be in the same position as when they fell asleep the only difference was that the balcony door had been closed but the small windows were open to let the ocean breeze in and the reflection on the suns rays on the water. Peter was the first to wake like always and would admire his wife for a few minutes seeing how she's aged from being a beautiful teen to a beautiful adult with longer and darker hair, cheek bones more defined and fuller lips. Although she wasn't the only one to change among the two Peter's hair had gotten longer and he gained facial hair which Y/n never knew if she liked it or didn't. Finally after a little Y/n started to stir and gently opened her eyes to see Peter's blue eyes staring back at her full of love. "Good morning love" Peter would say smiling "Good morning handsome" he pecked her lips once and both her cheeks and forehead making her giggle when a small knock was geared at the door. Estrilda walked in with a dress in hand "Good morning your majesty's" she said before bowing. "Good morning Estrilda" both Y/n and Peter said at the same time.  The couple got out of bed and went to get ready with help from Estrilda and Peter handmaiden. They both headed done to breakfast where Susan and Lucy were already there once they sat down Edmund came in and took a seat for most of the breakfast it was silent just a bit of small talk. They were leaving around noon to find the Stag so everyone went to the library mostly just to read music played softly in the background like usual.Y/n laying against Peter with f/b in her hand Peter occasionally reading over her shoulder but for the most part he was playing which her hair. Susan was on the couch across from them reading Lucy next to her admiring her brother and sister-in-law. Edmund was wondering the library trying to look for something to keep him busy.

When the time came to go they got some food and their bags and went to the stables to get their horses. Apparently everyone was going too slow for Edmund's liking as he was already on Phillip ready to go " I'm gonna leaving you guys here at the castle and get the stag myself if you don't hurry up" "Calm down Ed we're going" Lucy said getting on her horse.
When everyone was ready Y/n got on Athena and followed Peter out. They found the stag not long after taking a short break to eat and followed after it. But suddenly everyone came to a stop when they noticed that Edmund wasn't with them. They went back to find him knowing that they probably wouldn't be able to catch up and find the stag again. "Come on Ed" Susan said when sing Edmund. "Just caring my breath" " What did he say Y/n" Lucy said smiling " You guys wait at the castle, I'll go get the stag myself" she replied imitating the way Edmund talked everyone except for Edmund laughed while he was giving Y/n a playful glare trying to suppress his smiling but failing. Peter suddenly say something in the trees and got off his horse Y/n looked at him weird but following him by getting off her horse as well then the rest of the siblings followed. "What is this" he said walking up to the light. "It seems like a dream" Y/n said next to her husband. "Or a dream of a dream, Spare Oom" Lucy said while running into the trees where the light was at. "Oh not again" Peter said grabbing Y/n's hand. "Come on" Lucy called from the trees and Peter ran in after her still holding Y/n's hand. "She's always running off" Edmund said following Y/n Susan behind him. "These aren't branches" Y/n pointed out feeling the difference "They're coats" Susan finished but none of them seemed to realize the further in they went the younger their voices got or how more cramped it got until they fell out of a wardrobe Y/n falling onto Peter and getting tangled up with Edmund. When they looked up they saw the professor looking down at them with the ball that had broken the window, in his hand. "Now what were you doing in the wardrobe" "You wouldn't believe us if we told you" But the professor tossed the ball to Peter and said smiling "Try me".

A/n
After forever the book is finally done
The first chapter of the sequel is up so go check it out, thank you for all the support on this book it's my first so I hope that it was ok and at some point in the future I might write more books.
Comment
Vote
Share
See you soon 💖
~Katie