˗ˏˋ one ˎˊ˗

THE PACIFIER
a person or thing that pacifies someone or something.

➽───────────────❥

zabdiel got out of his mother's car and let out a huff. it was his first day at the new school and boy was he nervous.

he had just moved to california all the way from puerto rico.

the boy went inside and bumped straight into a curly headed boy.

"ah i'm sorry," he apologized. "nah it's okay, don't worry," the boy said.

"wait you're the new kid right?" he asked and zabdiel nodded.

he reached his hand out for him to shake, "i'm joel," the boy introduced himself. zabdiel shook his hand, "i'm zabdiel," he said.

"bueno since we're here, why don't i give you a tour? but first we should get your schedule if you don't have it yet," joel suggested.

"yeah sounds great and i do need my schedule," zabdiel nodded.

𐇲𐇲𐇲

ester was on her phone, leaning onto her locker. as per usual, not on speaking terms with her boyfriend again. she's been dating joel since freshman year.

let's just say they're the typical on and off couple in school.

"oye," danna nudged her as she stood next to the blonde. "if you're gonna talk to me gimme a smile," ester stated, still looking at her phone.

"i don't do that, tú sabes," danna scoffed. "fine, what do you want?" ester sighed, putting her phone into her sling bag.

"there's a new kid in school and guess who's touring him?" danna asked her. the blonde shrugged, "you?"

"what? no! your boyfriend," she told the girl. "okay and what about it?" ester asked. "you know joel, he'll probably end up taking the dude to come eat lunch with us. i don't like that," danna groaned.

"oh don't worry, the poor kid is probably gonna run away barely even five minutes in because of how bloody terrifying you can get," ester smiled at her sarcastically, patting the brunette's shoulder.

danna groaned as she got dragged by ester into class.

𐇲𐇲𐇲

it was lunch time, and danna was right. joel had brought zabdiel with him to lunch and introduced him to the others, except danna since she wasn't there yet.

"should i find her?" evaluna asked. "probably," richard nodded and the girl got up to find her friend.

"find who?" zabdiel asked. "danna- wait maybe you should call her daniella first," paula said.

"just don't run away immediately, if you don't wanna hang around us anymore once you meet her it's understandable," erick said causing the puerto rican to chuckle.

"why would i not wanna hangout anymore?" he asked.

"a lot of reasons, like maybe she ripped your heart to pieces by some comments," christopher shrugged.

"that girl ain't got no zip on her mouth so you can't be around her if you're easily butthurt," richard chuckled.

"there she comes," joel said as she walked in with evaluna.

"hi," zabdiel greeted her as she stood by the table. she gave him a quick one over, not much since he was sitting down. then she simply sat down across of him at the round table.

"so danna, this is zabdiel, zabdiel this is daniella," joel said, introducing them to each other.

"right so why is he here?" danna asked, leaning her arms on the table. "cause he's my friend," joel shrugged. "since when?" she asked again.

"since a couple hours ago," zabdiel shrugged. "who let him speak?" danna fired again, causing him to raise his hands in surrender.

"you're not from here," she said, looking at the new kid. "nope, i just moved from puerto rico," he said to her. "sure, didn't care," she smiled sarcastically before going back to her usual face.

"is that your normal face?" he asked and she gave him a look. "cause you look like some psychotic chick who eats kids to stay young," zabdiel stated.

"maybe i do," she shrugged, smirking at him. "i mean scaring kids is my hobby," she added, a cynical smile on her face.

"yeah, seems like you," he shrugged, continuing to eat his lunch.

to her surprise, he stayed until lunch time ended.

✎ᝰ┆𝐚𝐝𝐢 ♡

feeling nice, here's chapter one :D

what we thinkin for now? it'll get interesting later on i promise