˗ˏˋsixˎˊ˗

❝ FEAR
be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or harmful.

➽───────────────❥

"hey," zabdiel greeted, leaning onto the locker next to danna's. the girl who was clearly not paying attention to her surroundings, jumped a little.

she cursed herself mentally. she never flinched, winced or even show anything like that in front of anyone; especially not at school.

"what do you want?" she asked, closing her locker door. "was that your dad? the one that came in the truck when i was leaving," he asked.

"you don't need to know that," she spat. "mind your business, it might be good for you," she added, requoting her uncle from last night.

she walked away, a lot in her mind.

she wasn't gonna let her guard down, not in front of these people.

she was keeping that tough mask up, and she's not taking it off anytime soon.

𐇲𐇲𐇲

"you seem off today, what's going on?" evaluna sighed, sitting with her friend on the floor by the lockers.

danna who was doodling in her notebook, turned to look at her friend. "i'm always like this, what about it?" she asked.

"you're not going around scaring kids and making them shit themselves. you know you can talk to me," evaluna said to her.

"it's nothing," danna shrugged. she then looked up, only to see victoria walking with her posse. "ay, these bitches," she spat.

"oh hi! why're are you two sitting on the floor? that's quite low for the both of you," victoria said, giggling.

"walk away. or i'm gonna poke you straight in the trachea with this pencil," danna spat, lifting her pencil up.

victoria simply rolled her eyes, walking away as she excessively swayed her hips. "attention seeker," erick muttered.

danna and evaluna looked up to their left, to see the rest of their gang there.

"care to explain why you two are on the floor?" paula asked, reaching for evaluna's hand while ester reached for danna's.

"you know, just hanging around," evaluna shrugged. their friends chuckled. "c'mon, school's over and it's monday. where do we usually go?" ester winked.

"finally! ice cream time!" christopher clapped and they all walked out of the school and headed for the ice cream shop.

𐇲𐇲𐇲

as they were enjoying their ice creams, danna got a phone call.

"mateo? what is it?" she asked. "he what? i'm coming," she said, the feeling of pure fear and concern overwhelming her.

"i have to go," she quickly said to her friends before running out.

"what was that?" richard asked. "mateo called her-" joel started. "it's probably rafael again," ester sighed.

"who's rafael?" zabdiel asked, confused. "her uncle, the one that's been 'taking care' of danna and mateo, her little brother," evaluna explained.

"why'd you say 'taking care' like that?" he asked again. "that man is dangerous. why do you think danna's like that?" paula stated.

zabdiel was beyond confused, but he wanted to know more. she's cold and the way she is because of her uncle?

danna ran into her home, seeing mateo sit on the floor by the stairs, hugging his knees as he trembled in fear.

"hey, what happened?" she asked, crouching down next to him. "tío is upstairs, with two other guys. they're scary," mateo told her.

danna was starting to breath heavily. she could hear footsteps come down the stairs and saw a big tall man, with another one slightly shorter behind him. two complete strangers.

"you know what? we know a way you can settle your debt," the tall one smirked.

danna gulped. "run," she whispered to her little brother. "what about you?" he asked. "i'll be fine. go, now," she said to him and he ran straight out the door.

✎ᝰ┆𝐚𝐝𝐢 ♡

this book is gonna be short, prolly less than 20 chapters lol but yeah

what's next? 👀