its just that simple

Yoongi tried his hardest to mentally prepare himself for the date. Mr. Kim and Seokjin wanted to meet up with him over the weekend. He had three days to get himself together. Those three days went to waste.

He was a nervous wreck before it even began, granted, he had never been on a date before.

His mind was rushing with thoughts like what should or shouldn't he say? How should he act? What are they going to do, and would there be food involved because that brought in a lot more anxiety and questions, but he had gotten a text from Seokjin elevating all his fears. They were going to a cafe.

The idea of a cafe was laid-back and cute. Yoongi didn't have to stress about how to dress or what order. He could get a basic drink and let Seokjin and Mr. Kim lead with the conversation, he knows he'll probably slip up or be too anxious to even speak.

God, he hopes this goes well. Yoongi takes one more look at himself through the mirror hanging on his door, and with a sigh, he exits his bedroom and steps into the living room.

Hoseok and Jimin, who were cuddling on the couch, turned to look at the older with smiles.

Yoongi's face drops, feeling a lot more self-conscious from their stares, "I look like a mess, don't I?" He asks.

They shake their heads, "You look cute. Stop worrying!" Jimin reassures, Hoseok nods in agreement.

"Have fun, okay?" Jimin tells his hyung. Yoongi nods as he makes his way to the front door.

"Good luck, hyung," Hoseok cheers, giving him a thumbs up.

The older can only give the couple a weak smile as he thanks them quietly.

He'll definitely need all the luck he can get.

"So?" Seokjin sighs, eyes darting between the two men seated at the table.

Namjoon eyes down Yoongi. The younger looks away, taking a long, loud slurp from his already finished drink.

"I refuse to listen to you sucking the life out of the poor cup," Namjoon groans and places his hand on the male's cup, drawing it away.

The younger snatches his cup back and sticks his tongue out at the male before attaching his lips back to the straw.

"The weather is just lovely," Seokjin comments, gazing out the window beside him.

"Yoongi, you have to talk. It's been ten minutes." The younger shakes his head stubbornly.

Seokjin gasps, "Oh, I love this song!" He squeals as he nods his head along to the tune playing in the cafe.

"Yoongi, you have to say something," Mr. Kim says, gritting his teeth.

A mischievous smile appears on the younger male's face. "Something."

"Y-You little shit," Mr. Kim scoffs, "This is all his fault, isn't it?" he asks, jabbing his husband.

"Don't blame him. You told me to say something, Mr. Kim," Yoongi laughs.

The older scoffs, shaking his head in disbelief, "Yeah, whatever-" he pauses "-And its Namjoon. Call me Namjoon," The older corrects.

The younger's cheeks burn as he looks away, adverting from the older man's stare. He couldn't believe this is happening to him right now.

"Okay, Mr. Kim," Yoongi teases, earning another groan from the male.

Seokjin smiles, humming along to the instrumentals playing throughout the cafe. "This song is good... It needs some lyrics, though."

Namjoon glares at his husband, "Seokjin, are you on a date by yourself or something?" Namjoon questions, cocking an eyebrow.

"Huh?" The older asks, dazed as he looks at the two.

Namjoon sighs, pressing his thumb and index finger against the bridge of his nose.

"You're in your own world," He says, then points at Yoongi, "And this one won't talk."

Yoongi frowns, "I just realized-Hyung were you talking to yourself?" the younger asks.

"If I don't, then who will?" The older shrugs, "Y'all were too busy flirting to notice, but it's okay. I forgive you because it's so darn cute," the older squeals reaching out to pinch the two male's cheeks.

Namjoon smacks his hand away in disgust while Yoongi smiles sheepishly, backing away.

"Jin, you made him shy," Namjoon remarks, pointing out the younger male's flushed cheeks.

Seokjin shoves the male playfully, "Don't tease him, Joon-ah. But Yoonie, you are so cute when you're blushing like this, right Joon?" He questions, biting his lip as he stares the younger down.

Namjoon nods with a smirk, "It's so adorable how flustered we can make you."

"Please shut up this is supposed to be a date, not torture," Yoongi manages to stammer out as he hides his face in his hands.

"We aren't allowed to flirt with our date?" Seokjin teasingly questions. "You said you wanted to meet with us, Yoongi. Are you actually interested?"

The younger pulls his hands away from his face. He wasn't expecting that question. If he was being honest, he wasn't sure. This whole situation still felt like one big elaborate prank to him.

He lets out a sigh, "Well, I had a crush on you, Mr--Namjoon," he admits.

"I already knew that. You show a lot more than you think," the male remarks.

His eyes widen as he turns and looks at Seokjin for confirmation, "Do I?" He asks, and the older shrugs.

"I don't know, I didn't realize you even had feelings for me."

"You don't know when anyone has feelings for you, Jin. You still ask if I like you," Namjoon scoffs.

Jin turns and looks at the male, "Well, do you?"

"We're married," Namjoon deadpans.

Yoongi stifles out a laugh, "Well, Jin hyung, I kinda fell for you the day I saw you in the elevator. I genuinely thought I had died and was on my ride to heaven, and you were like some angel accompanying me."

"So was it, dare I say, love at first sight?" Seokjin asks, batting his eyelashes cutely as he rests his chin on his fists.

Yeah, I think it was.

"Can I be honest? I'm not sure how this is gonna work out," the younger admits.

He didn't want to get any hopes up, mainly his own. There was always a feeling of inadequacy when he thought about people, amazing people at that, like Seokjin and Namjoon being interested in him.

"Well, lay your thoughts and concerns out, Yoongi. Communication is the most part when establishing a relationship," Namjoon says, wise as ever.

"It's just you guys are so different, but you mesh so well, and I'm not like either of you, so I'm not sure if I would be a good fit," Yoongi says, trying his best to sugarcoat his actual feelings. He didn't need for them to know about his insecurities though he was sure it was already apparent.

"I think you're forgetting Jin and I have known each other for years and years," Namjoon snickers. "There was a time when we didn't understand each other, and it was hard to get along. You'll start to learn things about and from each other and eventually love each other no matter your differences, but those things come with time and patience. You can't give up on something that hasn't started yet."

"And we think you're a perfect fit," Seokjin continues, placing a hand on top of the youngers.

Yoongi sighs with a bittersweet smile, "I can't really see why-"

"Because we really really like you. It's just that simple."