Chapter 12: The Beginning Part 5

Asha is crying alone in her home. She's lying on her bed wrapped around in a blanket.

Frustrated with the life she's living now,

"Why??? Why did you have to go??"

Sob, sob

"First mom and dad and now you too..."

She recalls the moments when the master and the vice guild master of the guild of which her sister was a part, visited her one day after she had returned from her school.

"Be a good human being, help others whenever you can, your dad loves you."

That was what her dad had written on a note, which was written in case of an untimely death.

" Di!!! The news!!!!"

[Note: Di means older sister in Hindi :) ]

She still remembers the day when she saw the news of a raid team getting massacred by monsters coming out of a gate in the city.

The problem was that their parents had gone to a place which was near that gate.

"They are not picking up their phone..."

Her sister, extremely worried, tried calling multiple times only for it to not get connected once.

"Let's go there ourselves... We can search for them."

Asha, now extremely panicked, started to think of ways to get to her parents. But her sister replied sternly,

"No."

"But why di??"

"What if they return??? If they see that the house is empty then it'll create even more problems."

But they never did return... Their bodies were found two days later under the rubbles of a building.

Asha and her sister moved to a new place as her sister joined a guild in that place. The only possible way for someone to earn a decent amount of money without a college degree was to become a hunter.

"Why are you doing this?? If you're going to join, then I will join too!!! Why do you have to fight alone?? Why do you have to fight at all??? Let's just both of us work part-time, we can live a decent life like that."

"But I want us... I want you to live a good life..."

"Then it should be me... I should be the one to become a hunter...

I'm an S rank, you're just a C rank...